Chapter 24: Saving Brothers Part 1

One day I was working out in the cave, doing drills with Tim to keep him sharp while Bruce was working on a case at the computer. Tim kept trying to help him from the mats, but it was distracting him so I kept hitting him hard to make him focus. Eventually though, an alert went off saying the Bat signal was lit, so Bruce and Tim suited up and headed out together, and I wandered over to the computer. 

I was supposed to be with Dick tonight, but he called and cancelled because he had a promising lead on a big case he was working on, so he had to deal with that. I grew curious if he had handled it by now, so I called his phone. There was no answer, and no reply back after almost 30 minutes. Something wasn't feeling right to me, so I checked his tracker Bruce still has in his Nightwing suit and got his location. 

"Al, I'm heading out to a movie for the night. Don't wait up." I say casually to Alfred as I go up to my room and change my clothes. He bid me to have a good night, and I got on my bike that Bruce got me for my 16th birthday over the summer. I'm glad he didn't get me a car, I much prefer the bikes, they are more freeing. 

I drove out of the manor like normal, then used my phone to set the security footage to be on a loop while I drove around to the edge of the forest. I swapped out my ride and changed my uniform, putting on my Nightingale gear. I have a gut feeling that Dick's in trouble, and may need some saving. I drove out on the Nightingale bike and made it to Blüdhaven quickly, and set up to scope out the location where his tracker was.

I scouted an old brick building where his signal was coming from, and looking into the windows with my rifle scope. 

My blood boiled at what I saw. 

Nightwing was cut up and beaten, struggling, chained up like an animal, and hanging upside down from the ceiling. A wealthy mob boss looking woman was standing over him, talking to a few goons she had gathered around her while stroking his face like a freaking creep. He looked awful nd was clearly in a lot of pain and panicking. I would be too in his position, he works in this town alone, no one would know where he was right now, only a miracle would cause him to be saved right now.

Cue me being a miracle.

I quickly ran a facial recognition scan on the woman, a recent piece of technology I had 'repurposed' from the Bat cave. She came up as the new syndicate leader of a local human trafficking group. Her name was Natalia Gregor, and she was a former low level Bratva member.

 She was scum, and she was holding my big brother hostage.

I took a circle around the building, finding all its weak points and vantage points

I took a circle around the building, finding all its weak points and vantage points. I counted only eight people inside, and made my entrance once I was prepared. I whistled my tune once I saw the woman beginning to run her hands all over Nightwing, attempting to taunt him or something worse. It doesn't matter, she won't live long enough to hurt him. 

My tune brought everyone's attention to me, which is exactly what Nightingale wants. I don't go out as her very often these days, but when I do, it still strikes fear. Glad to see it strikes fear in Blüdhaven as well.