Chapter 49: Circus

A few months have passed since Damian came to join our not so little dysfunctional family. I took him out to a shelter after the zoo trip, and got him a Great Dane puppy. Damian named him Titus, and it was well worth the lecture I got from Alfred about not consulting him first before bringing home a pet. 

Damian's been calming down lately, and is trying to kill people less. We still have to reign him in at times, and I can't help but agree with him from time to time on certain cases, which then makes Bruce have to reign both of us in, but it's working. 

Everyone has their different ways of bonding with him and helping out. Dick uses his ever persistent cheerfulness and optimism to support him and also teach him good life values and lessons. Jason takes to pissing him off at home or at the cave often, which in turn makes Damian attack him. Jason does this with a purpose, it helps get out Damian's pent up rage on Jason rather than on civilians, and I often do the same to help out Jason or give him a break. Tim and Damian still can't quite seem to bond, but the way they annoy each other incessantly is cute. 

I take Damian to his art classes, or on walks, or to the animal shelter to volunteer. I've been threatened to not bring home anymore pets for him without prior consultation, and since the threat came from Alfred, I'm taking it seriously. Damian and I like to spar with each other often, and he likes to show up at my apartment at random times, just to 'test my reflexes'.

I woke up one mid summer morning, just after Jason and I's 20th birthday, finally being able to wake myself up and not have Damian poke me awake for his lessons, which was nice. 

I rolled out of bed and opened my door sleepily, but had to do a double take at who I saw walking out of Jason's room at that exact moment. Completely butt naked.

"Well good morning to you." I smirk at Roy, who's standing there frozen as he spots me. I eye him up and down not so subtly as he makes no move to cover himself. "Never knew you were into twins." I wink at him.

"Leave him alone, sis." Jason says, walking up behind him. Thankfully, Jason had on pajama bottoms. It was a rule we established after an incident on our second day of living together. Jason had apparently been a naked sleeper during his four year absence, and had to learn to put pajamas on after that morning where he forgot.

"Nice to see you Roy, especially so much of you." I smirk at him and walk away to the kitchen and get started on breakfast, making enough for everyone.

"I uh... thought you were at the manor." Roy says sheepishly as he sits down at the dining table, now clothed while Jason joins my side in the kitchen. They both look a little hungover but not too bad.

"Nope, I came home last night after patrol. How's Lian?" I ask about his daughter. He told me last year about her, and I've met her several times now. She's a cute little angel, and looks so much like her mother, Jade.

"She's good, starting to walk now." He replies proudly while Jason and I move in sync around the kitchen. "I forgot how creepy you two are together." He comments while observing us.

"Yeah, just know this is as 'together' as we're gonna get, lover boy." I smirk at him, and he groans.

"It doesn't... I don't... I don't have a thing for twins, I like you both differently, and with Jason just now... I... drinks...." He struggles out, and I burst out laughing at his failed attempt at an excuse. 

I hear a noise in the vents above my head, and while I'm still laughing, reach into a drawer and take out two large serving forks, handing one to Jason who was already reaching out for it.

"Leave him alone, Ana, last night was... well, like your night with him. Just with a lot more booze." Jason replies smugly, grinning at Roy. 

Jason and I both react simultaneously when the ceiling tile gets removed and a sword comes down on us, trying to slice us. We both use the serving fork to catch it and throw the sword off course, and when it almost slices into my counter top, Jason grabs the cutting board and stops the end of the blade while I grab the hilt.