Chapter 41: Nightingale Revealed, Part 3

~ Ana POV ~

I turn the chair to face the computer when I hear both the jet and the two motorcycles approach, knowing everyone is here now. Alfred shoots me a disgruntled look, knowing I'm about to be an asshole to everyone. 

They can't see me yet as I sit in the high backed chair, and I wait a moment, eating my tub of ice cream as they all get off their vehicles. As soon as I hear Dick exclaiming Jason's name, I begin to whistle my Nightingale tune, and kick my feet up on the computer table while the sound of my tune echoes loudly around the cave, cutting off their reunion.

"Nightingale!" I hear everyone exclaim in different tones, and then I spin the chair around fully, so they all see my face, mask-less, and my Nightingale uniform still on as I'm still whistling my tune.

Their expressions are priceless as I sit there grinning at them all, finishing my tune. Tim and Dick are both speechless, their jaws slack as they both point at me in shock. Bruce is furious, I can practically see the rage seething off of him as he growls and glares at me where I sit. 

Jason, he has the best reaction. He falls immediately to the floor, laughing hysterically at the realization that I'm Nightingale. He's also the one to recover from the shock the fastest, and he stands up, still laughing heartily, and walks over to me casually. 

He steals the spoon from my hand, scoops up a bit of my ice cream, and eats it casually. We're both completely at ease, passing the spoon back and forth, munching away happily as if he didn't just come back from the dead, and as if I didn't just reveal myself to being a murdering anti-hero that he spent the last month hitting on. We're just us again, twins, fully accepting of each other in every way, and falling back into our groove effortlessly.

"Ana." I turn my head slightly, and see Bruce is the next to overcome his shock. His shaking, dangerous tone managing to send a slight shiver of fear down my spine, but I still grin at him innocently. "You're Nightingale?" He asks dangerously.

"Yup." I answer casually. "Surprise." I add cheekily, waving my spoon around before Jason steals it again, eating more ice cream.

"How did you hide this from us?" Tim asks, recovering and walking over with a dumbfounded expression. "You lived here, right along side us, the whole time... We're the world's greatest detectives." He tries to defend weakly.

"Yeah, and I'm the world's greatest asshole." I respond back with a smirk. "I take it as a badge of honor I got away with none of you finding out. Man, I thought for sure after my death dual with Slade that you guys would have figured it out!" I exclaim excitedly, watching their eyes widen further. "I mean, come on, Toy Man? Really? You bought that crap?" I scoff in offense.

"Slade?!" Dick screams out. "You fought Slade and lived?"

"Nope." I answer back seriously. "I fought Slade, and won." I smirk proudly, and Jason nods his head in awe.

"That sounds more like my Ana." Jason says proudly. "Man, I can't believe I ever doubted you would avenge me." He adds sheepishly.

"I can't believe you grabbed my ass and hit on me for a month." I quip back, ignoring the feeling of Batman approaching. His fiery rage was intense.

"You took revenge." Batman says darkly, and I see Tim and Dick both backing away from him at his tone. "I taught you both from day one how wrong revenge was."

"To be fair," I start to defend myself, "On day one, our answer to your teachings was that revenge is sweet, and justice is hilarious. That really should have been a clue." I grin innocently, then let it drop at his expression.