Chapter 55: Ivy's Revenge Part 2, Spirits Broken

I wake up in the cave's medical section sometime later. My whole body is still radiating in pain, but I can feel painkillers working and feel the IV tug on my arm, at least on the one without a cast on it.

I look around with my eyes, seeing Damian sitting vigil by my bed with a frown and Alfred not too far away. "Hey." I say quietly, alerting them I'm awake.

"You're finally awake." Damian says quietly. "It's been half a day."

"Everything hurts." I chuckle out, feeling pain all over at the action. "How are the others?" I ask quietly, ignoring the pain and trying to focus on something else, anything else.

"Tch, fine compared to you. Father only told them they attacked you. He lied. They don't know what they did. They're far less injured than you, and they don't know." Damian says bitterly and angrily.

"Good, I'm glad they don't know. They don't need to remember that." I say firmly, genuinely glad. They don't need to remember that nightmare. Damian glares at me for a moment, then Alfred kicks him out.

"I did a full examination on you after." Alfred says once it's just the two of us. "Four fractured ribs, a broken arm, a sprained ankle, two broken fingers, one hell of a concussion, over 20 stitches on the gash on your back and several more throughout your body, and more bruising than skin." Alfred lists off seriously, and then pauses, looking like he has more to say that he doesn't want to.

"And?" I ask plainly, knowing there's more.

"And Dr. Thompkins performed a rape test while you slept." He says sadly. "Minor damage was done internally, you will heal in a few days from that." He whispers reassuringly.

"How are they, really?" I ask him quietly, only noting that there wasn't any lasting damage before brushing it off and locking that topic away.

"Better than you, as Master Damian said." He says, going back to business as usual. "Master Jason has a large stab wound in his shoulder and a broken knee, along with three broken ribs and internal bleeding along his torso. He got 12 stitches for his stab wound and it has a burn around it from the electricity. Master Dick had a dislocated shoulder and several cuts along his body, a broken nose, internal bleeding, and severe bruising. He got a total of 30 stitches from the cuts." He reports off to me.

"That's not so bad... nothing we all can't heal from." I say to myself. "At least physically." I add on in a whisper.

"Mistress Anastasia... I am so sorry this happened to you." He says sorrowfully with a gentle hand on my shoulder before leaving. 

I'm left to my thoughts then, and none of them are good. I'm sad my brothers and I had to go through that. I'm in pain and feeling horrible, barely able to move at all. I'm beyond enraged that Ivy did this, but I'm at least glad that we can all come back from this. I hope. My brothers don't know what really happened, and I can compartmentalize this far better than they can. 

At least, I think I can. 

It's the lie I'm going to keep telling myself until it's true.

~ 3rd Person POV ~

Damian wanders over after leaving his sister's bedside to go and see how Dick and Jason are recovering. He walks in on them both sitting together in the living room, casually eating snacks while talking about how the fight must have gone.

"Man, I bet Ana was amazing. She had to do this once before, she fought me and Bruce off at the same time. She was so smug after too, saying she held her own." Jason chuckles out in remembrance.