Chapter 46: Damian, Part 2

The next day after Damian arrived, while I was in classes at school, I got a call from Bruce. Not Batman, just Bruce, so I ducked out of class and took the call in the hallway.

"Yello." I say casually in greeting.

"He got out." Bruce says seriously and urgently to me.

"Leave a bowl of food at the door, he'll come home." I joke to him, assuming he's talking about his little murder bot of a son but enjoying any opportunity I can to mess with him.

"Ana." He says more urgently and angrily. "Alfred can't find Damian anywhere."

"Alright, don't get your panties in a twist." I say calmly. "What caused the kid to come to Gotham in the first place?"

"He wasn't safe at his last home." He replies.

"Again, to repeat Timmy, so you brought him here?" I say with exasperation, and hear a growl on the other end of the line that lets me know his patience for me is at its end. "Alright, alright, I'll find him." I hang up then, going to get my stuff out of class, excusing myself for the day. Bruce called during my last class of the day, so I'm not missing much of my schooling.

I suit up as Shadow, it's easier to maneuver around town that way, and it's getting late enough anyway so I can be in uniform. I skulk around different parts of Gotham for over an hour, all without any sighting of the demon spawn. 

"Shadow." I hear called out in the distance, and I turn and see Nightwing coming my way, jumping two roofs to join me with his signature giant grin. "I just back from a huge mission with the new Titans, it was so annoying. What brings you out so early?"

"Missing child." I say seriously. "His poor dad is worried sick. The poor boy's only 10, new to the city, probably lost and scared. I have to find him before his father freaks out any more, you should have heard the worry and stress in his voice."

"Ya big softy." Nightwing says to me with a soft smile. "Let me help you find him, what does the boy look like?"

"Short, black hair, green eyes, perpetual glare." I list off a vague description of Damian. "Likes sharp objects." I add on with a smirk, spotting familiar movement in the distance. I take off towards it, and find Damian attempting to murder some huge guy, and winning. "Found him."

"Cute kid

"Cute kid." Nightwing says as we watch Damian screaming at the man, running to kill him with the sword. Nightwing jumps down there in time, stopping the final attack before it lands. I jump down too, assessing the damage done to the unknown man.

"Damian." I scold him seriously, walking up to the boy and taking his sword quickly from his grasp. "That is not how you cut a man." I hold his sword in a better grip, showing him the proper technique. "Your grip was too firm, that's why your cuts weren't as effective. I expected better from you with your background. You need to let the blade do its work when you stab someone-"