Chapter 25: Saving Brothers Part 2

A few weeks after saving Nightwing, I was in school and wandering around. I hadn't wanted to sit in my history class anymore, so I had just left it. The teachers are used to it by now, and frankly don't care about me enough to argue against it. I do the bare minimum to pass, so they give me slack when I need to get away. 

My aimless meandering lead me to the freshmen halls when the bell rang to change classes, and I spotted a crowd start to form. I wandered over curiously, wondering what was going on.

What I saw sent my blood boiling for the second time this month.

There was a group of five boys all picking on another one. And not just any boy, they were picking on Tim, and had obviously already hit him a few times before I walked up. Tim has been warned not to show his strength to others, so he's just letting himself be bullied and hit around right now. All I can think about is how Jason and I used to be bullied, how we were picked on for whatever stupid reasons these kids can think of. I remember back in our old elementary school when we used to be beaten up, before we started to fight back.

"What are you still doing here?" The main bully is saying to Tim as I walk closer. "Your parent's aren't around anymore to pay for you to go here, and you still think you can have a stuck up attitude here, Drake? You mean nothing here anymore!" He sneers and taunts before he goes in to punch Tim again, and I react with quick speed.

I catch the bullies fist before it hits Tim's face. I grasp down on it firmly as I glare at the bully, making him wince as I increase more pressure onto his hand, digging in between his bones where I know it will hurt the most.

"What the hell?! Let go of me, get out of the way!" The bully calls out to me, but I don't let go.

"No." I spit out angrily at him. "I won't let you touch him."

"Ana, it's ok, I've got this." Tim tries to say from behind me, but the other bullies start to laugh at him.

"Oh, hired yourself a street rat delinquent to protect you now? She's probably the only protection you can afford." The bully I'm holding says arrogantly with a sneer. "Or, is she your girlfriend now? Already slumming it with your new class of people?"

"You will leave my little brother alone, or I also break your other arm." I growl out darkly to him, lifting his arm I'm holding up slowly.

"Other arm?" He says while the other bullies all ask "Little brother?"

I smirk coldly down at the bully in my hands, then snap his arm down and break it cleaning over my knee. "Yes, your other arm." I say, holding him up by his collar as he screams in pain, tears starting to stream down his face. "If you or anyone else comes near my little brother again, this is the punishment. Now get out of my sight." I say out to the whole crowd of students, pushing the bully away. The bullies run away in fear while the crowd gossips loudly, stepping away from me in fear as well. I turn back to Tim, who is looking at me with wide eyes.

"Little brother?" Tim asks me quietly, moving to join my side. "But I'm not... I'm not him."

"No, you're not him... But you are my little brother now. I think so, at least." I say sincerely, then look at how he turned his eyes down and thought maybe I thought too much into our relationship. I've been getting closer to him lately, but maybe I misread it, maybe he still sees me as his bully. "Unless I misread, we don't have to be if you don't-" I start to take it back, but he pulls me into a tight hug, effectively cutting me off.

"No! I like that. I like that a lot. Thank you, big sis." He says in a quiet voice as he holds me. I wrap my arms around him and squeeze, but our nice moment is interrupted by the principal walking over to us.