Chapter 2

"I've gone familiar
with villains that
live in my head."

- Control, Halsey

-*-

October 1984

WILLIAM "Billy" HARGROVE sighed as he watched the small house with distaste. His father made a  reckless decision to move them in a totally different place. He's just been here for an hour but he already decided that he dislike Hawkins, Indiana. No ocean means no surfing and that means total hell for Billy Hargrove.

"This place is bullshit." He whispered to himself, walked to his car's hood and leaned on it. He pulled out a cigarette on his denim pants and light it with his lighter. He inhaled it and felt himself relaxing as he played with the white smoke coming out of his mouth and nose.

"Boy!" He tensed at the sound of the voice of his father. He quickly took the cigarette off his mouth and stepped on it before looking at his father's direction.

He can see his father walking towards his direction and his whore's daughter following behind while holding her skateboard. He quickly stood straight when his father opened his camaro's door.

"Get in." He ordered to the redhead which she quickly obliged. Billy's forehead creased in confusion and waited for his father's order.

Finally, his father looked at his direction and pointed a finger at him.

"I want you to drive around Hawkins with your sister. You can both do whatever you want just watch your sister." He emphasized. Billy quickly nodded and let out a long breath that he didn't knew he was holding when his father walked away.

He entered his Blue Camaro and started the engine of his car. He looked at the redhead's direction to see her looking worried while holding a gaze at the small house. He followed her gaze to see her looking at her own mother who nodded her head indicating that she'll be alright before she was snatched by Billy's father.

He sighed quietly and drove away to the house. His mind quickly flashing back to the times when he was in her place and her mother was in Susan's.

He shakes his head and continue driving, passing the limit in the process.

He doesn't care anymore.

-*-

Samuel Owens entered the place where the portal is located. He looked around at the doctors who greeted him with a gloomy expression which he returned with a different tone, sounding happy about something.

"Anything new? Progress?" He clapped his hand, looking for good news. The room went quiet and the doctors looked at each other, hoping that someone will grow a pair of balls and tell the head doctor about the opposite of his expectations.

"What?" He asked, confused about his workmates behaviours.

"Actually..." Anthony Jackson, the newly appointed assistant of the head director, started.

The group explained by detail about the portal refusing to close and fighting back to keep itself open.

"What?!" Dr. Owens shouted when they finished explaining the situation. They flinched at his tone. Samuel panicked at this. He closed his eyes as his mind quickly went to work to find a solution.

His mind quickly went back to the contents of the book that he studied with a 90 percent similarities about the crisis that they are currently facing.

Until, he opened his eyes. An idea popping in his mind.

-*-

Laughters echoed as the mother of the house put a plate of homemade brownies on the kitchen table.