Chapter 7

"I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'll understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am."

-  Iris, Goo Goo Dolls

-*-

Claudia Henderson was watching her favorite show when she heard a loud cry. Full of sadness and misery. Her eyes widened in worry. She recognized that voice anywhere.

"Naomi!"

She quickly ran to the door but a red force threw her back, hitting her head on the edge of the wall in the process. She forced her eyes open, her head throbbing in pain as she let out a whisper of pain, desperate to help her honorary daughter.

She reached for the door knob and whispered, "Naomi..." She weakly repeated Naomi's name before her vision darkened. She lost her consciousness as the blood from her head started smearing the wall.

The red glow started glowing brightly as the wind harshly ruined her porch and gardens. Her breathing weakening and fading.

"Here!" Someone shouted, fighting the wind to get to the fainted, concussed, woman. The medic team quickly rushed towards her and carried her to the stretcher. They all fought the wind and carried the woman safely. The medic team drove away from the commotion, hoping to save the lady in the brink of death.

The siren of the ambulance caught the attention of everyone, now grasping the seriousness of the situation. They panicked and started gathering their family members.

Dustin's eyes widened when seeing the ambulance. He ran and went to the direction of his bike.

"Dustin! Where are you going?!" Lucas shouted. Mike and Will looked at their friend and ran in his direction when he started mounting his bike.

"Dustin!" Will shouted and caught the bike just before Dustin pedaled. Dustin looked back and saw Will holding his bike, "The situation looks very serious! You can't go anywhere alone."

"Will, let go!" He shouted in desperation.

"Where are you going?!" Mike shouted, helping Will holding the bike in place.

"My mom! That light is in the direction of our house! My mom could be in danger!" He shouted, tears started falling in his face.

Hearing the shouts, Karen ran in the direction of the kids and cupped Dustin's cheeks.

"Hey," she started softly. "Your mom is fine. She is a very strong woman." Her heart broke seeing the tear- streaked face of his son's friend.

"Just stay here for now, okay? We don't know what is happening but I have to keep you safe. All of you." She looked at the kids, "...if something happened to any of you, it'll be my fault and I will blame myself if anything happened to any of you. Please I have to keep you all safe." She begged. Right on time, Joyce and Jonathan arrived and following behind them is Lucas parents' car.

The Sinclairs ran to their son's side and hugged him. Erica joining in.

Joyce and Jonathan hugged Will. Dustin looked around, convincing himself that his mom's  somewhere, also looking for him. His eyes locked with Joyce, telepathically asking her if she saw his mom. She shooked her head as an answer. Before he broke down in tears, Joyce hugging him.

Will, Mike, and Lucas looked at their friend in sadness. They rarely see Dustin cry, it was heart wrenching. He was always the one who made their day better, the one who made them laugh.

The sound of engines was heard everywhere. Heads turning to see black cars lined one by one, driving fast towards the direction of the light.

Joyce watched the lining cars going straight to the light, confused. Joyce locked her eyes to Jonathan who was also watching the cars pass by.