Chapter 4

"I don't trust nobody
And nobody trust me
I'll be the actress
Starring in your bad dreams."

- Look What You Made Me Do, Taylor Swift

-*-
October 1984

DUSTIN WAVED as he pedaled faster to catch up to his friends who was looking at his direction, holding their own bikes.

Mike, Lucas, and Will watched him as he tried to catch his breath after biking in a more faster pace unlike his usual pace before.

"So how's your dinner?" Mike asked sarcastically. Dustin's face lightened up as the topic he was supposed to talk about was asked by Mike.

"Oh, you are not gonna believe this." He started as he walked and chained his bike at his usual parking space. His friends following him, curious about what Dustin would say.

Dustin started talking and explaining what happened in the dinner at his house. He started from what he thought his mom's visitor is and who he ate dinner with. He describe his visitor that left his friends' jaw on the floor.

"No one is that perfect!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Yeah," Mike quickly agreed. "I mean who would believe you? She's beautiful, kind, has a sense of humor, talented, and what else did he say?" He continued and asked Will beside him who stayed quiet all this time.

"Brave and smart." Will answered.

"Brave and smart! Seriously Dustin, you can't fool us. Just tell the truth and said sorry for cutting the campaign short that we planned for 2 and a half weeks. Stop fooling us with this perfect chick." Mike strictly said before walking away. He was the party leader and leaders are supposed to be strict. They planned this long ago just for Dustin to cut it short. Saying Mike is angry was an understatement.

"C'mon dude, I'm telling the truth. Besides, it was mom who randomly invited her and forced me to get home." Dustin explained, following Mike.

"It was a good dinner." Dustin mumbled quietly but enough for Lucas and Will to hear. Will patted his back in comfort.

"Don't worry, I believe you. It's nice to know you enjoyed the dinner." Will said and started walking to his first class. Dustin and Lucas following him.

"Is she really real?" Lucas whispered to Dustin.

"Yeah." Dustin replied.

"Nice."

-*-

"So you're telling us that Naomi Scott is the one responsible of the portal losing it's progress?" One of the doctors asked.

Samuel called for a meeting as soon as possible. He told everyone what he saw and heard except for her past. It wasn't his story to tell.

"Yes." Samuel paced back and forth, anxious. He didn't want Naomi to be his enemy or 002 in that matter.

"And he wants 011?" Someone asked again.

"But 011 died." A different doctor replied.

"No." Dr. Owens said, all the attention went back to him. "She said something about Eleven being alive."

"That's impossible! She's not even here last year. How can she---"

"No." Dr. Owens cut the doctor's words off with a statement. The doctors looked at the director looking confused and interested.

"You weren't there. She was powerful. She- she..." Dr. Owens was speechless, the doctors getting intrigued by second.

"She showed me a memory. Remember when Brenner said that 007 died in cancer? That was wrong. Brenner made 002 kill her own brother because he gave 007 a power," he paused and looked around. "002's power."