Chapter 15

"Started giving up
On the word 'forever'.
Until you gave up heaven
So we could be together."

- Angel Baby, Troy Sivan

-*-

BILLY  OPENED the door of his car and walked around to the fetch Naomi from the backseat.

"There we go. Do you have your keys?" He asked the drunk girl.

"Nooo..." she giggled, putting every weight to Billy. She walked, with the help of Billy, to the front door.

"Then how am I supposed to open your house?"

With that, the door opened itself and a figure stood behind it. Billy came face to face with the same blue eyes as the girl he's currently holding.

"Umm... Hello?" He asked. Naveen sighed and opened the door widely. He took Naomi from Billy's arms and looked at him dead in the eye.

"Thanks for bringing her home. You can go now." He said before closing the door to his face.

Billy looked around the parking lot, searching for the mop of curly hair. After not seeing her around, he went inside the school to try to find her but the school bell rang. He was just going to talk to her in lunch.

-*-

"Thank you for cancelling the dinner at such a short notice. I'm really sorry." Naomi apologized to the woman. Mrs. Henderson just shooked her head.

"Oh, it's nothing, dearie. You're brother doesn't feel well." She waved her off while smiling warmly. Second after that, she flinched, as if she remembered something. "Oh! Wait here, honey." She ran inside her house.

Naomi, of course, waited patiently. She raised her hands and looked at her watch. She was already late for the first period, that she guessed already started fifteen minutes ago.

But what can she do? She didn't expect that her brother will get angry at her and that she will get a very nasty headache from all the drinking that she did last night.

A minute later, Claudia ran outside of her house, holding a bag of what she thought are containers. As soon as she closed the distance between herself and Naomi, she forced the bag in the teen's arms.

"Here, take this. I baked lasagna last night and those are left overs. This morning, I was bored and cooked some pasta." She explained, then she put her hands inside the bag and picked a small container out of the bag, "this, dearie, are medicines. This works like magic. Just drink every four hours and make sure that your brother will sweat." She explained, looking at her sternly, holding the container on her hand.

"Mrs. Henderson, you didn't have to." Considering that Naveen wasn't really sick.

"Oh, dear. It's fine. Now go home and take care of your brother." She pushed her to the direction of the house.

"Oh, okay. Thank you, Mrs. Henderson." She thanked the woman.

"Welcome, sweetie."

She opened the door of their house by the her copy of keys. She grunted as she fixed the position of the bag in her arms. It was unbelievably heavy, how much did she cook? She was thankful, nevertheless.

She entered the house and closed the door. She went straight to the kitchen to place the food in the refrigerator. She just didn't expect to see Naveen eating some of the leftover pizza last night.

"Naveen..."

She didn't get to finish as Naveen swallowed the pizza whole and picked the two more with both hands and walked away. Naomi sighed and plopped the bag in the kitchen counter with a thud.