Chapter 18

"We don't deal with outsiders very well
They say, new comers have a certain smell
Yeah, trust issues, not to mention
They say, they can smell your intention."

- Heathens, Twenty One Pilots

-*-

"002 AND 007?" Dustin asked after the explanation that Naveen provided, they were currently walking in train tracks again to follow those creatures, that they just found out, has an army.

"Yeah." Naveen shrugged.

"Cool." He said, before chuckling and continued walking in silence.

Max looked at the two in curiosity. She knew Naomi because of her step-brother and she knew her life is a bit private but she didn't expect this huge information.

Naomi Scott has powers.

"Red glow..." Steve mumbled and since it was very quiet because of the information, everyone heard it. He gasped in realization.

"It was you!" He exclaimed, leaving all of them confused, "October 25th! It was you!" He explained.

The others, except Naveen, eyes grew in realization. The red glow that became a mystery in the town but left unanswered finally has an answer. It was Naomi. The cause of the red glow and the blackout of Hawkins was her.

"In my defense, I was sad." She explained after seeing everyone gaping at her.

"October 26..." Naveen mumbled very quietly that only Naomi heard. She looked beside her and smiled at him, with hopes that the male will understand the situation.

Naveen nodded at her. He understood. His sister was sad and he came back.

The others continued to chat about things until Lucas and Dustin started fighting about Dustin keeping Dart away from them.

The twins ignored the commotion and started to walk ahead of them.

"You're okay, right?" She asked him. He hummed as an answer.

"It's just... I don't really know what happened to you and you won't even tell me." He said, "a red glow in Hawkins? I mean... I just want it to be normal between us. Just like before. No secrets, right?" He asked.

"I'm sorry. I just don't think, you'll be ready to know what I have done before. But I have to tell you in advance that I did all of those in sadness and loneliness." She said.

"And that, the days with you has been the best." She added, wholeheartedly.

"Thanks." He smiled.

The group found themselves in front of the lab. The twins looking up at it in horror. With the screams of fear and every bad memory with this building? It's a bad combination with people who has multiple traumas.

Naveen has been here but he was really caught up with the idea that he's old now and that he can see Naomi again to be scared of anything in that moment. Also, because he's old now.

Naomi looked up at the building in a trance, failed to see that Nancy Wheeler and Jonathan Byers came up to the group.

Naveen shook her out of her thoughts when the group started planning and fighting. Mainly, Dustin, when he started to aggressively press the button to open the gate. Once he did, at least when he thought he did, he looked around smugly.

"Hey! I got it." He said. Jonathan volunteered to enter, leaving the others to wait.

They waited for a minute before two cars raced themselves out of the lab and one car stopped in front of the group. They immediately went inside as soon as they heard the chief of police, Jim Hopper, shouted at them to hurry.