Chapter 30

"All of the girls you loved before,
Made you the one I've fallen for."

- All Of The Girls You Loved Before, Taylor Swift

-*-

"GOOD MORNING, HAWKINS HIGH!" The commentator welcomed the audiences. The gymnasium of Hawkins High almost shooked at how rowdy the teenagers are. Excited for the match against the neighboring town.

Naomi, in her cheer uniform, looked around the gymnasium. She sat at the bottom bench for easy access on the performance and, of course, for cheering.

"Everyone, up." Samantha ordered, the girls immediately stood up from their sitting positions and went to Samantha.

"Today is the beginning of the match, which only means one thing." Samantha looked determined, with her hand fisting her pompoms, she raised her fist up in a cheering positions.

"Today will be the first match of Cheer Con. The other teams looked very determined, we should not underestimate them." She said, side-eyeing the other team, who looked pretty laid back. Smirking and whispering and shit.

"You all remembered the stunts and routines, right?" The girls nodded, "Great, just trust everyone. Especially you, Scott."

Naomi's eyes widened. Samantha looked at her.

"You have a lot of stunts, don't panic. Just do what we practiced." Samantha advised.

"Everyone, please settle down! The match will begin soon." The announcer announced.

Samantha's stare did not falter. Waiting for Naomi's response. Naomi nodded at her and she nodded back. Determination written in their faces.

The teams were introduced, players waving as if some kind of a celebrity. The ego. Naomi rolled her eyes at them.

"Please welcome, the cheerleaders of Hawkins High!" The announcer announced. The girls, along with Naomi, cheered. Some flipping in there spaces. Naomi looked around the gymnasium, trying to find Robin. She saw Dustin with his friend Lucas. The two saw each other and waved. Lucas waved after seeing her too.

She was happy to see Dustin cheering her on as a cheerleader. Quite ironic, she knows. His encouraging smile and enthusiastic claps filled her with a sense of pride and warmth. However, amidst her elation, a tinge of disappointment crept in as she realized that her best friend, Robin, was not among the cheering crowd. Naomi's spirits faltered momentarily as she continue to search among the rowdy crowds. But alas, Robin Buckley is nowhere to be seen.

Naomi shakes her head and looked forward for the match. This is the first match of the season. She needs to do good.

"All right! Players, please form a line and face the opposing teams. Let us shake our hands to officially start the game."

The players did as told. The shaking of hands was meant to be a sign of sportmanship and respect. However, the players stood in line as they squeezed each other's hand to show who has the upper hand in the game.

Naomi rolled her eyes at the sickening display of men trying to intimidate other men. Honestly, men's ego are so high in this time.

The referee threw the ball and the game officially began.

-*-

"Folks, with a score of 59 - 57, in favor of Willowbrook Vipers! The timer only has 38 seconds for the 4th Quarter. Will the Hawkins Tigers be able to catch up?"

"Okay, ladies. We need to cheer harder." Samantha gathered them and they slouched in a circle.

"We all know that those boys in our team are not that skilled. I don't think we can catch up." Gwen said, one of the cheerleaders, the others nodding at her.