Chapter 23

"Will you still be with me,
When the magic all run out?"

- If Only, Dove Cameron

-*-

ON THE NEXT DAY, Naomi went to the school a bit early. She wanted to explore it on the rising sun, also with the fact that she didn't properly explored it before.

She was walking on the empty hallways, avoiding the dancing janitor mopping the floor with his headphones on.

She passed by her locked chemistry classroom and her locker, yet she didn't stop. She wanted to memorize everything. That wasn't a hard job, of course. She has eidetic memory. The real, understandable reason she's really here in the school early in the morning.

Her memory was still sharp as ever, yet she felt like she was forgetting something. Something her powers is keeping from her. Also, with the fact that she's feeling a sense of Deja vu from people lately. People she haven't met before.

Like her power is keeping her from knowing something that she shouldn't know.

Eddie Munson.

She knew that she heard that name somewhere, way before when she actually met him  -- or bump into him.

She just didn't know where.

"...Eddie Munson..."

She shooked her head when a familiar voice entered her mind. A memory of where she actually heard it, but from where?

The voice was owned by her twin brother, Naveen. Does Naveen know Eddie Munson? Told her about him?

She bit her lip in frustration. She was frustrated. She can control her powers, yes. But sometimes, it was having a mind of its own, keeping something from her, an information she shouldn't know because...

Because it breaks a law.

A law in the universe.

She stopped in her tracks. Staring blankly ahead. Did she learned an information that she shouldn't know when she was playing with the universe?

If she did, is it important?

Her head was so full of thoughts but quickly snap out of it when she felt goosebumps in her nape. That feeling. The same feeling when she passed the mall.

That same gnawing feeling she felt yesterday. She looked around her. Why was she feeling this way? She felt this uneasiness, uncomfortable feeling of something bad happening.

Is it from Eleven? Is Eleven feeling this too?

A minute from that, the light turned off, leaving her alone in the dark.

"What the hell?"

She looked around again, hoping to see the janitor she walked away from. She stood straight in her position and just looked around. Her head whipped when she heard a knock at one of the lockers behind her. She turned around quickly just to find no one was there.

"Hello?" She called, "if this is a prank, it isn't funny." She warned.

Her hand is itching to let some of her red force out, but she couldn't. If this is a prank, she'll get caught.

Again, a knock was heard in one of the lockers, this time, closer in her direction.

Her feet moved on its own and she started running. The lights started flashing, as she ran in the empty halls. The knocking in the lockers was chasing her, like it was invisible.

Her breathing became heavy as she run faster. Her hands fisted as it became clammy.

She was scared.