Chapter 16

"Snappin' one, two
Where are you?
You're still in my heart."

- Snap, Rosa Linn

-*-

DAYS HAVE PASSED. The same routine going over and over. Naomi entering the kitchen, living room, dining room, or any other room, Naveen would finish all of his food in a minute and walk out.

And yes, Naveen was eating everytime Naomi would enter the room. Be it, a box of pizza? Gone in a minute after seeing Naomi and storming off somewhere. A box of donuts? Gone after seeing Naomi. A bowl of spaghetti? Gone after seeing Naomi.

She doesn't know how he didn't choke after eating those foods in a speed of light. Maybe because he has a very very fast metabolism but she knew it wasn't healthy. I mean, they are living in one roof. Of course they would see each other from time to time. Why is he avoiding her?

Naomi tried, she tried everything to please him. She asked him what would he do. She let him do his decisions. Everything. Of course, she still have to go to school so she doesn't really have time to make up for him. But she tried? So maybe it counts.

She knew it was all her fault. It was harsh of her to let him back to life then ignore him afterwards. That was stupid of her. Very very stupid.

She, however, found out that Claudia didn't cancel the dinner in her account. She cancelled it because of Dustin, who's acting very weird the night before. Claudia tried asking him what was wrong but her attention was divided after noticing that her beloved cat, Mews, is missing. Right now, she's plastering posters everywhere in Hawkins in hopes to find her ginger cat.

Naveen was suspicious. He keeps disappearing somewhere. And that is why Naomi is currently in this position.

She took a peek and saw that Naveen is standing beside a pole. Her forehead creased. What was he doing?

Her forehead creased more and her confusion grew after seeing Dustin walking up to him. It was suspicious. Naveen was going on and on about not wanting to accept any of Claudia's dinners then hang out with Dustin afterwards?

"Dusty?" She whispered and opened the door of her car and went out. She walked towards them and saw them doing some weird handshake that it looks like it wouldn't end soon. She doesn't even know if it was indeed a handshake as it basically involves the whole body.

"Naveen?"

Naveen whipped his head in her direction. Eyes went wide like a deer caught in the head lights.

"Naomi?" He asked back and walking towards her, "What are you doing here?" He asked after stopping right in front of her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked back.

"Is no one gonna ask what am I doing here? Wait -- you two know each other?" Dustin entered the conversation but got ignored by the twins.

"I'm with my friend." Naveen answered back before his eyes went wide in realization, "were you following me?" He asked in horror.

"How did you know Dustin? And yes I was following you. Just because you were acting very  suspicious, like hiding something. Also, Dustin is your friend? Last time you said you don't want to attend the dinner with them because you don't want to know them." Naomi questioned and explained.

"Excuse me?" Dustin asked dramatically, his hands in his chest.

"I said, I don't want to because I don't really know them, not that I don't wanna know them. Wait --- You're a Henderson?" He turned to 12 year old.

"You didn't know?" He asked back. "You two know each other?" He asked his first question again.

"Yeah, he's my brother. Twin brother." She emphasized.