Chapter 5

"Call me in the morning to apologize
Every little lie gives me butterflies
Something 'bout the way
You're looking through my eyes
Don't know if I'm gonna make it out alive."

- Teeth, 5 Seconds of Summer

-*-

A GUST OF HARD WIND blew, the leaves falling and warned everyone that now is the time to wear something thicker. The cold october air washed on Naomi face as she looked at the trees dancing. It was still early in the morning, explains the really cold weather.

She sipped in her coffee and exhaled a breath. It was this time of the year that she found peace and clarity.  She sipped again but no coffee entered her mouth. That is when she saw she already finished her coffee.

She went inside her house and poured another cup of coffee. She started zoning out, mind completely blank. She looks tired, empty and lifeless.

She was gonna do it. She can't hesitate now. She already went this far. She just need to wait for Eleven, if Dr. Owens can find her to where she's hiding currently.

She heaved a sigh as she finished the almost cold coffee. She cringed at the cold temperature and decided to put the mug in the sink before getting ready to start her day.

She's planning to get some papers in the police station about her being new in the small town. She just need to sign some papers and answer some forms. As they quote; "for resident's safety."

Safety, my ass. She laughed internally.

After she was done putting her clothes on, she wore her normal knee- length brown jacket and got out of her house. She locked it and entered her car then drove.

-*-

"We obviously lost. She's far more powerful than we thought. Her powers evolved." A doctor voiced out his opinions.

The doctors nod in agreement, all of them agreeing. Anthony Jackson, standing in the corner of the room, said otherwise.

"It does not evolved." He said loudly. The doctors looked at his direction, urging for him to continue. Dr. Samuel Owens stood up and watched his assistant intently, waiting for his opinion.

"I have been reading 002's profile that was stored long ago. It stated here that her emotions is controlling her abilities, this profile is written and observed by Dr. Brenner. Director Owens said that she was in a depressive state lately because of her brother's death that, we found out lately, she caused." Anthony voiced out his diagnosis.

"All of her abilities that Dr. Owens saw was already in her, inside her. She just don't know how to channel it. I guess that because of her depressive state, she made it her sole purpose to bring her brother back from the dead but that already seems a bit off. No one can bring back the dead without consequences---" he said but was cut off.

"And changing universe doesn't?" Dr. Owens asked.

"It does. But she will already be in a different universe. She will be safe from the consequences that she will cause if we can't stop her. Us, however, can't be saved if we let that happen." Anthony announced his theory.

"So what should we do?" Dr. Owens asked, walking towards the smart assistant.

"Her abilities is controlled by her emotions." Anthony said, "If we can't defeat her physically..." he paused.

"Why not defeat her emotionally?"

-*-

Naomi said her thanks before she opened the door to get out of the police station, not before stopping by the chief of Hawkins who she faced when she opened the door.