NAVEEN

"I'm prepared to sacrifice my life
I would gladly do it twice."

- Mercy, Shawn Mendes

-*-

He died. He knew that.

After seeing young Naomi's scared face and watching her walk towards him, when he is clearly out of control of the new found powers he had, triggered something from him.

He knew that he couldn't control it. He can kill his sister in a heartbeat. So, he did what he thought was right.

It was only when he came back that he realized he was selfish. He left his sister alone, he made her kill him. He couldn't think how traumatizing that was. He was stupid.

Those thoughts entered his mind as they ate their own ice cream in the park.

What if she actually hates me?

She wouldn't like me here?

He was talking to her, about everything really. He was stupid emotionally but he's not stupid when observing something. Anthony Jackson firing at him, the secret talks, Dr. Owens' conversation with Naomi. He's not supposed to be here. He's not supposed to live. He's dead. Was.

"Naomi! Are you listening?" Naveen asked while waving his hand in front of her. Did she finally thought about how selfish he was? How bad of a brother he is?

"Yeah, just thinking about something." She said then fixed her position. They are currently sitting on a bench in the park. Watching kids play and ducks swim.

"What were you thinking? Is it about your talk with Dr. Owens? Is it something about me?" He asked, worried. Naomi quickly shook her head and answered. She began talking about her feelings and thoughts. Opening up to him.

That was the last time though.

Naomi became busy because of school. She made new friends but he's lonely. So the afternoon walks began.

He started talking to the grandmas, charming them. Anything to get his mind occupied.

After one of his afternoon walks, he saw Naomi using her abilities. She said something about her feelings and he believed her. How stupid can he be?

Naomi asked him for a permission to go to this one party. It was like a dream come true. He always dreamed of a family. Where he would protect his sister. She didn't know it but she was beautiful. Running in the genes, he guessed.

Imagine his panic after seeing Naomi gone in her room. His forehead creased when he heard a rumbling of engine outside. He took a peek in the window in Naomi's room. His panic turned into confusion and his confusion turned into anger.

It was his sister getting out in some random person's car.

He speed towards the door and opened it. There he saw his sister. Visibly drunk.

"Naveen!" She greeted, giggling slightly, "I kissed someone for the first time! It was awesome."

Naveen was fuming. He took Naomi away from the man who was, also, clearly drunk. He drove his sister with this condition?

"Thanks for bringing her home. You can go now." He said before slamming the door to his face.

Next morning, they fought. It took a toll on both of them. It was obvious Naomi was trying her best to make up for her mistakes but she deeply disappointed him.

"Naomi, let me go."

It is wrong for him to live. He's dead. Naomi brought him back by breaking the time and space but the thing is, those two shouldn't be broken in the first place.