Chapter 27

"I get drunk pretend that I'm over it,
Self destruct show up like an idiot,
Why, oh, why, does god keep bringing me back to you?"

- everytime, Ariana Grande

-*-

"EVERYBODY, CLASS DISMISSED. Enjoy your winter break." Naomi's English teacher greeted them happily which everyone returned with the same enthusiasm.

Naomi quickly changed her clothes into a more comfortable one, she doesn't have any cheerleader uniform yet. She checked her wristwatch just to see it was almost five thirty.

She ran to the gymnasium. Apologizing to the people that she bumped on the way. Once she was in front of the door of the gym, she stopped in her tracks and tried catching her breath.

She opened the door, entered and waved back to the cheerleaders who waved at her. She walked towards the bleachers, placed her bag with the others. Samantha looked at her direction after she saw the other cheerleaders got distracted.

"You're late." She said, grabbing some tape measure and walked towards her.

"I'm actually right on time." She explained. Looking at the approaching captain.

"We finished warming up, you're late." She said with finality, "arms up." She ordered.

Naomi immediately raised her arms, letting the captain measure her waist. Next was her arms, hip, and chest.

Once it was finish, Samantha stood up straight and grabbed a notebook from her pocket and wrote something down, most likely her measures.

"The practice will still continue with the same schedule even with the winter break taking place. We can't let ourselves be laid back especially when the Cheer Con is right around the corner." She said, shutting her small notebook and placed it inside her bag with the measure tape.

"Cheer Con?" Naomi asked, her brows furrowed in confusion. Samantha looked at her, bewildered.

"Are you serious?" She asked.

"I'll explain it to her." Chrissy entered the conversation, suddenly appearing beside her. Samantha nodded.

"Okay. Explain it to her properly. We can't let ourselves lose this time. We can't let her drag us down." She said, looking at Naomi up and down with distaste before walking towards the group.

"Alright ladies, we'll start practicing those turns." She clapped, shouting her orders to the other girls, which they immediately followed.

"Sorry about that." Chrissy apologized. Naomi looked at her and smiled.

"Oh, it's nothing. So, Cheer Con?" She asked, not letting Samantha's comment bother her. She have a lot of time to soften the cheerleader captain.

"Cheer Con happened every school year. It was organized for cheerleaders to compete from different schools, representing their schools." She explained, "Hawkins High was first place last year, like our place in other previous years. Our rivals, from Illinois High School, was always the champion. Samantha wanted to change that. Like every Hawkins High Cheerleader Captain."

"Illinois High School?" That is Naveen's school.

"Yeah. Oh, you were from Illinois before, right?" Chrissy asked which Naomi answered with a nod. "Hope you won't crash with anyone you knew from there. It'll be super awkward." She said.

"Trust me, I don't know anyone from Illinois High School. I was... homeschooled." She answered, "Well, except from my twin brother." She said, Chrissy's eyes went wide in shock.