Chapter 28

"Tell me that your still mine,
Tell me that we'll be just fine,
Even when I lose my mind."

- Afterglow, Taylor Swift

-*-

NAOMI WOKE UP, the sun wasn't up yet, so she guessed that it was too early in the morning. She was right. The clock showed that it was two forty- five in the morning. It was too early.

But her body was hurting all over and she couldn't sleep well. Her back was aching, she badly needed a massage. She sat up with a grunt, her bones in her hips cracked. She moaned in satisfaction before stretching more. The bones cracked after stretching with different poses.

She plopped back in her bed. Watching the beige ceiling tirelessly. Cheer practice has been hard...yet it was fun.

She enjoyed the way she learned new techniques, routines, and she was able to have a lot of new friends.

She unknowingly smiled. It was this time that she decided that she couldn't sleep well.

She stood up. With a swift of her hand, her sleep wear changed to a decent one. Beige shorts that loosely hanged an inch before her knee and a white loose shirt.

She looked like she was wearing a skirt at how loose her shorts were. It was a bit loose in her waist but it was can be fixed with a simple wave of her hand. Besides, no one will see her anyways.

She tucked the right side of her shirt in her shorts, wore her coat, and snatched her car keys.

Naomi locked her house. She was fiddling with her keys, stopping a bit and looked up. There were no stars. That was sad.

She sighed deeply and walked towards her car and entered.

She started the engine and off she go. The streets were empty, which was not surprising. It was too early in the morning.

She drove the car with no destination. Humming the song that her radio was currently playing in a low volume.

After a lot of turns, Naomi spotted a 24/7 convenience store. She parked and went out.

She walked towards the store. A bell rang once she opened the door.

Jonathan Byers looked up from his camera. His eyebrows furrowed at seeing Naomi Scott, the one and only "Queen of Hawkins High".

Naomi strutted towards the aisle of snacks and picked a few. She made a beeline towards the drinks and scanned them lining up. She decided to buy the bottled coffee.

After picking what she wants, she placed them on the counter and lazily snatched her wallet in her pockets.

"That'll be $5."

Naomi looked up at the familiar voice. As soon as she saw, Jonathan Byers, her smiled appeared.

"Byers, didn't see you there." She said, giving her money.

"I can see that." Jonathan answered, taking the money from her.

"What are you doing here early in the morning?" Jonathan asked. Punching some things before the money stash opened with a noise.

"Couldn't sleep." She reasoned with a sigh, "graveyard shift?" She asked.

"Hmm." Jonathan hummed, "here you go."

Naomi took the plastic from him and smiled, "Well, I'll be going."

Jonathan nodded at her awkwardly before cursing himself quietly after seeing Naomi walking away athiw awkward he was.

Jonathan was the type to not really care about his reputation. But this time was different.

"Congratulations." He said loudly, causing Naomi to stop from her tracks and turned around, her eyebrows furrowed.