Chapter 9

"They say all good boys
Go to heaven
But bad boys bring
Heaven to you."

- Heaven, Julia Michaels

-*-
October 27, 1984

"SO WHAT?" Naomi asked, blankly. They decided to meet the next day, after the twins caught time with each other. Her heart shattered as soon as she heard what Dr. Owens said.

"You showed him to me to..." she paused, couldn't seem to let the words out of her mouth, "make me kill him?" She spat.

Samuel Owens looked down. The regret eating him alive.

"We're not forcing you or anything." He gulped, "we think that you unintentionally brought him back with your powers. That's the only theory we have that seems plausible." He said.

"Elaborate." Naomi commanded, peeking at Naveen who seems enjoying his 3rd burger at the other table.

"You were emitting a great force. A powerful one. You broke time and space. If our theory's correct, you accidentally brought him back. Since it is your power that killed him, it is the only one that can bring him to life. It is in your control." He explained. Naomi looked down, frowning.

"I still don't understand." She said. "My power brought him back? To...life?" She slowly asked.

"Well...before that, if our theory is indeed correct, we need to make sure. Clarify some things. Understand them." He started.

"Clarify what?"

"What exactly happened the other night?" Naomi paused at the question. She bit her lips anxiously.

"Have you ever heard of dreamwalking?" Naomi whispered the question. Samuel's forehead creased about the new word that he heard.

"Dreamwalking?"

"Dreamwalking is basically possessing the alternate version of yourself in different reality." She explained.

"So you possessed youself and...?"

"And I realize how unfair my life is in her life." She finished. She pursed her lips, readying for the judgement. However, she just felt a warm hand in her cold, shaking ones.

She looked up and saw the elderly man looking at her, smiling and silently comforting her.

"It's fine to be...jealous and envious. We can't stop those emotions." He comforted the young girl.

He took his hand away and continue to ask some questions, "We're you thinking about Naveen?" Naomi nod at the question as an answer.

"I see..." he exhaled.

"Can you explain it now?" Naomi asked politely.

"You're emotions was empowering your powers last night. You accidentally brought him back because of your distraught about her life. Did you wish for him to be back?" Naomi frowned, thinking about last night.

"That's what I want to hear from the very beginning." Naomi voiced, "Thank you for saying I'm sorry."

'They said sorry, Naveen. I wish you could hear this.'

The next thing Naomi knew is a flash of light surrounded her.

"I did." She breathed out in realization. How could she forget? She internally slapped her forehead. Dumb! So dumb!

"That explains it then." Samuel clapped, "you brought him back by your powers and now...he's here."

His smile slowly turning into a more forced one. That is when Naomi know there's something else.