Chapter 26

"I let you set the pace,
Cause I'm not thinking straight,
My head spinning around,
I can't see clear no more.
What are you waiting for?"

- Love Me Like You Do, Ellie Goulding

-*-

DUMPING her things in her locker, Naomi turned around and scanned the hallway for Robin. Robin and Naomi agreed to hang out after school. And by hang out means studying. Naomi has a huge upcoming exam in her math class and she knew that Robin also has an exam in one of her classes, Biology.

Once she noticed that Robin was probably running late, she started her walk towards her first class, Chemistry. She then remembered that it was Robin's first day in her job yesterday afternoon. Maybe that was the reason why she was running late.

"Oh my, I just love your new hat, Chrissy. Where'd you buy it?" Naomi heard someone says, followed by an exaggerated chewing, of what Naomi guessed as a gum.

Chrissy Cunningham.

Naomi's head immediately turned around. Looking at the direction of the voice. She remembered Robin's advice about asking a cheerleader named Chrissy if there are any spots left in the team.

Because according to Robin, Chrissy was the nicest one in the team.

Naomi saw a group of girls leaning by their lockers. One of them was a brunette and was chewing her gum, she must be the one who asked that very loud question. The girl was looking at an another girl wearing a fancy looking hat.

The girl was petite. Short blonde hair that was pulled into a ponytail. On top of that, she was wearing the cheerleader uniform of the Hawkins High.

Bingo.

She must be Chrissy Cunningham.

"Oh this? It was a gift." She answered with a giddy smile.

"Gift? From who?" The brunette asked, showing curiosity.

"From my boyfriend."

"Jason?" The girl asked, shocked. "Didn't know he was the type to spend money. So lucky." The brunette smiled at Chrissy before walking away, the girls who were with her followed her.

Naomi didn't waste any time and went straight up with her. She really needed that extra credit. Also, she have a lot of free time.

Chrissy Cunningham was searching for her notebook inside her locker. She desperately need that notebook. It has her homework that she worked hard for. She didn't slept in days just to finish that homework in Literature.

She sighed once she saw it buried deep inside her locker. She snatched it with her fingers and closed her locker loudly in relief.

She turned around just to be met with a face. She squealed loudly in shock, jumping in her place.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." Naomi said apologetically.

Chrissy, still shocked, breathed in relief and tried to calm herself down. She chuckled at her antics.

"It was fine. I'm a little jumpy these days." She smiled at Naomi Scott.

She knew Naomi Scott, of course. She didn't live under the rock. Naomi Scott was the new Queen of Hawkins High.

She also knew her because of the hate that she unknowingly received from their cheerleader captain, Samantha Weston, the former Queen of Hawkins High.

"Listen, I'm genuinely interested to enter the cheerleading team. I was hoping that there are any...spots left?" She asked hesitantly. Fidgeting with her fingers anxiously as she watched the cheerleader's reaction, any reaction from the blonde.