NAOMI

"I want it, I got it."

- 7 rings, Ariana Grande

-*-

October 27, 1984

After the enrollment, Naomi waved goodbye to the doctor and entered her car. She stayed there, thinking about how fast everything is happening.

She have to kill Naveen.

Sooner than late.

There must be another way. Another plan to make sure her brother will be alive at the end of the day. Because once they decided to close the gate, she'll need to kill her brother and knowing Naveen's personality, he'll agree with the doctors.

Naomi looked at her reflection in the rear view mirror and as she smiled, a plan was formed.

The day of October 30, 1984, after her classes, she went straight home. She opened the door and remembered about Naveen's afternoon walks. She quickly snapped her fingers and the room went dark.

She's planning to remove Naveen's connection to the gate. That way, if someone decided to close it, Naveen will be at least safe.

She floated in the air and she started. She finished it minutes after. It was a lot harder than she thought. It took her too long.

"What are you doing?" Naomi whipped her head in the direction of the voice.

"Naveen!" She gasped, "you scared me." She touched her chest to calm her heart.

"What are you doing?" Naveen repeated and started to walk in her direction. Her brows furrowed making Naomi's heart to thump faster in nervousness.

Did he saw her?

"Nothing." She said, "just..." She sighed and looked down.

"Just practicing." She breathed out, looking up at him.

"Practicing what?" He pushed, wants to know what her sister is up to.

"It has been a while since I used my abilities so... It's just weird. Normally, I used it like everyday and come up with different tricks." She explained. Naveen nodded at her.

"Sure." He said, completely believing her, "I don't know what happened to you or your life after the...incident. I believe in you, Naomi."

Naomi smiled at this.

She didn't lie. It has been a while since she used her abilities and she did, in fact, used it to learn new tricks and learn about it. She just didn't told him the truth either.

"Thank you." She breathed out in relief, "Oh right, there's this party that I really wanna go. Can I?" She asked. She really did want to go to this party. After all, she deserves a break

"No." He immediately turned down.

-*-

It has been days since the fight of the twins and it did took a toll on both of them. Naomi did everything to please her brother and hopefully forgive her for sneaking out.

He didn't.

But since Naomi broke Naveen's connection to the gate, the force that protects Naveen is lifted. He's vulnerable. He just didn't know it yet. And it should stay that way. The less who knows, the safer Naveen will be.

But the thing is, he's hard as a rock. He's hard to please.

So Naomi took another way to protect him. Follow him wherever he goes.

That is why she is now currently in this position. Watching Naveen stand beside a pole. She has been wondering why his afternoon walks became longer and he always come home late.