Chapter 11

"All I wanna be,
All I ever wanna be yeah, yeah
Is somebody to you."

- Somebody To You, The Vamps ft. Demi Lovato

-*-
October 29, 1984

"MY Emotions, My Control." Naomi repeated her mantra a couple of times.

She stood in front of her car, clutching the straps of her bag as she looked at the school nearby.

"Are you going in or what?" Naveen, who has been watching her this whole time, asked. Naomi sighed then turned to look at her brother.

Naomi's breathing went fast. Her chest going up and down in a very fast pace. After seeing his sister in such state, Naveen immediately went beside Naomi and comforted her.

"Hey, you're fine. Look at me, look at me." He commanded. Naomi looked at the eyes that she shared with him. "You are going to walk in those halls with confidence and just be you. Because you...are awesome. They're gonna regret if they don't wanna make friends with you, it's their loss." He comforted her.

"I know it'll be their loss, but who's gonna make friends with me in the middle of semester anyway? I wanna make friends, Naveen." She admitted.

"I know and you are gonna make a lot of friends. A lot of people will want to talk to you." He said. Naomi looked at him in doubt.

"Really?" She asked in confirmation.

"When am I ever wrong?" He said smugly.

"I don't know. Everytime?" Naomi teased which Naveen answered with a slight punch in her arms.

"Now there's my sister. Now go and blow that place into a popsicle stand." He ushered.

"I don't wanna blow it." She mumbled as she began walking towards the building. She looked back at Naveen's direction which he answered with a two thumbs up.

She forced a smile and look forward to continue walking. She sighed heavily as she fixed her blue top and white pants, wearing her normal brown coat. Her black curly hair swaying with the wind.

Her attention turned to the blue camaro with his music playing loudly. She stopped walking, deciding if she'll talk to him. She decided against it anyway, she only got to talk to him once in a very short time. She sighed heavily as she continued walking towards the school.

Billy smirked at the direction of three girls and threw the cigarette that he was smoking before his eyes caught the sight of the curly haired girl. He bit his lips, watching her walk before started walking to catch up to her.

He even heard the girls talking about checking out his ass, sensing some eyes on him. He guessed that the girls is indeed checking out his ass.

"Hey." He greeted as soon as he caught up with the girl.

"Oh, hey." She said, absentmindedly. Billy's forehead creased.

"Are you okay? I thought you're excited about school?" He asked.

"I do. I'm just...worried." She admitted.

"Worried about what?"

"Everything." She said, then for the first time today, she looked at his direction. Billy almost stopped walking after seeing her blue eyes. It reminded him of California. Blue like the thunderstorm reflecting in the ocean, problematic yet beautiful.

"This is supposed to be a secret but..." She looked around before leaning in to whisper, Billy smelled her vanila cologne. It smelled sweet, "It's my first time going to school." She said before standing straight. Billy was baffled, he was silent for a while before shaking his thoughts.