Chapter 6

"You will remember me,
Remember me
For centuries."

- Centuries, Fall Out Boy

(WARNING: PANIC ATTACK!)

-*-

Earth 143
Hawkins, Indiana
October 1984

NAOMI HAPPILY skipped towards the kitchen, hoping to steal some of her mom's brownies that she baked after dinner.

She opened the door and looked for the closed jar of brownies. She was searching from the top cabinets when she felt someone looking at her. She looked around the room, her eyes searching for something, someone.

Her eyes darted towards the dark staircases. She felt like someone was watching her from there. But no one was there.

Naomi gulped in fear and quickly close the open cabinets. She quickly run towards her brother's room. Her footsteps echoed around the quiet house. Her eyes looked over her shoulder, hoping to take a glimpse of the thing that's chasing her. But it was too late.

Naveen smiled at the repeating footsteps, thinking that her sister found the jar of brownies because of how loud the footsteps is. No doubt that their parents heard that. His smile dropped when he heard a loud thud. That's not normal.

He quickly threw the book, that he's currently reading, to the side and ran out of his room.

He ran in the hallways, forgetting about his mother's rules for a second, before he popped out in the living room. He looked at the staircases beside him and frowned.

Did she fell from the stairs?

That's highly unlikely. Naomi is dumb but not that dumb. So he's guess is that she tripped somewhere after running around the house. His attention snapped towards the kitchen when he heard someone opening the tap causing the water to make a loud noise.

Naomi stood straight after leaning to wash her face. She looked at her reflection at the glass pane window that looked the same as her but not at the same time.

Slowly, her reflection smiled before walking out of the kitchen. She was smiling at her success, completely distracted, before she bumped at someone.

"Are you that happy after finding the brownies that mom hid?"

That voice. Her smile dropped and she slowly looked up. There he stood, her twin brother smiling at her in amusement.

"Y- Yeah." She stuttered out. Swallowing the big lump in her throat and the tears threatening to fall.

"You're weird. By the way, that loud noise. Did you fell?" He teased, "Are you that dumb?" He continued. Naomi laughed at him.

Naveen stopped laughing, looking petrified.

"Okay. Something happened. Why are you laughing? You're supposed to punch me in the arm or tease me back or... or ---"

Naveen was having a hard time to think about what his sister will do to him when their parents' footsteps was heard in the staircases.

"What's happening here?" Nadia voiced out and opened the lights.

"Kids, we talked about this. No sneaking around in the kitchen after dinner. Also that loud noise? Did someone fell?" Alex asked.

It was too much. Too overwhelming to Naomi. Too much that her tears started to fall one by one.

"Mom..." she whispered before running towards her and capturing her mother for a hug. Nadia's face morphed in fear and worry for her young daughter.

Powerful || Stranger Things On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara