Chapter 20

"I'm a train wreck too,
I lose my mind when it comes to you
I take time with the ones I choose
And I don't wanna smile if it ain't from you."

- Boyfriend, Ariana Grande, Social House

-*-

BEFORE NAOMI left Hawkins, she excused herself to the committee of the school about some emergencies in her house back in Illinois, Chicago. The place that she lived in before moving to Hawkins.

She didn't lie. There are some emergencies. Like finding a place to hide Naveen to the people who somehow think he died.

Good thing, Naomi has that perfect place.

She build this house when she was little. A house for her to sleep in, eat, live. She experienced everything in this house. Her first time sleeping without her brother by her side. Her first menstruation. The first time she build her house. The first time she actually lived outside the white walls that always seems to haunt her.

But she left.

She left for Hawkins.

Things changed. They don't normally stay the same forever. She came back to give the house for Naveen.

They reconstructed it with the help of Naomi's abilities and make it good as new.

She was gone for a month. The school knows, her friends knows, but some don't.

She stayed with Naveen until he was finally comfortable and settled in perfectly. She told him, he can go to school in order for him to not be lonely or at least made some friends.

Surprisingly, he accepted. He started schooling last week and now is her time to go back to school. She left Illinois to go back to Hawkins.

As she said, no one knows why she left except for the ones who actually knows. But she didn't expect that her leaving would cause something to talk about to school.

As she walk in the hallways, she can feel everyone looking at her.

Was it the hair?

Her once curly hair became straight again but it wasn't waist-length anymore. It stopped at her chest. Her powers didn't cause the change of her hair like last time. It was the power of a hairdresser.

She knocked to the registry office and waited for someone to let her in, she did went in after hearing someone shout, "come in."

She opened the door expecting the old lady who gave her her schedule on her first day, instead she came face to face to the younger lady assisting the old lady before.

"Um... Hello. I'm just here to inform that I'm back from Illinois, Chicago." Naomi said. The lady rolled her eyes catching the teen off guard. She was wearing some glasses and her long hair is in a tight bun. She was wearing something appropriate for the school.

"Name?" She said, typing from her laptop and not bothering to look up.

"Naomi Roselle Scott." She said.

"You should've started with that." She said, rather rudely. Naomi's lips pursed in a straight line. She admit, she should've started with that.

"It's done. I put here the date already. You're free to go." She said. Naomi stood up and went out in a flash after saying her thanks.

She breathed out while walking towards her chemistry class.

Once she saw it, she entered the classroom and went straight to her seat before. She plopped and opened her books. She missed a lot of classes, she knew that. And the thought that she only entered like a week of classes after going for some fake emergencies, she was way behind.