Chapter 8

"See how I'll leave
With every piece of you
Don't underestimate
The thing that I will do."

- Rolling In The Deep, Adele

-*-

Hawkins, Indiana
October 25, 1984

ANTHONY JACKSON quickly left as soon as he fixed his hair. He entered the car provided by the lab and drove back. The guards opened the gate for him after the confirmation of ID's and he parked the car in his usual spot.

He entered in the main entrance and went towards his office. He was walking in the quiet hallways when a flash of red light caught his attention. His forehead creased and slowly went back.

"Testing Room."

He was confused. This room is long abandoned after March of 1975. He slowly opened the door and scanned the room.

Until his eyes caught a boy-- teen. The teenager was looking around the room. He looks confused even. He then turned his attention to his hands and his body.

"Who are you?" Anthony voiced out loud, announcing his presence. The boy looked at him and he was met by a familiar face and the most familiar blue eyes.

"What the hell?"

-*-

Naomi went out from her hiding place as soon as Dustin finally walked out from the room. She cautiously walked towards Claudia Henderson and stood beside her.

She looks sick. Her forehead wrapped in a bandage and she looks pale, from all the blood loss. Tears clouded her vision.

"I..." she whispered, scanning the woman's face,"...did this?" She continued.

She sobbed as she raised her hand. A red force coming out of it as she moved it gracefully. As soon as the red force looked big enough for her, she guided it to the injured woman's head. The red force disappeared and the patient finally opened her eyes.

"Naomi?" She croaked

"Naomi?" She croaked. The said girl sobbed as tears fell from her eyes.

"I'm sorry." Her voice cracked. "I'm really sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" Claudia smiled, "I heard you..." She started. Her pale hands reaching for the teenager's shaking one, "Are you okay?"

Three words. Those three words are the last straw for Naomi. She sobbed loudly. Tears fell nonstop as her knees buckled and she fell, the bed became her only support. She cried as Claudia soothed her curly hair in comfort.

"It must've hurt so much. For you to cry like this." Claudia weakly said and forced a smile in her tired face, "sometimes you just have to let it all out, dear."

"We are all humans, we're equals. Crying doesn't mean you're weak. It means you're strong and you are a strong girl, Naomi." She said and wiped Naomi's face.