Chapter 13

"You can't wake up
This is not a dream
You're part of a machine
You are not a human being."

- Gasoline, Halsey

-*-
October 30, 1984

"DON'T forget the dinner tomorrow!" Naomi shouted from her car before driving away.

"How could I?!" Naveen shouted back, "you remind me every single fucking minute." He mumbled and entered the house after seeing her off.

Naomi was humming the song that was playing in the her car. She was singing along to Footloose by Kenny Loggins. Her fingers tapping with the beat as asge drove towards the school.

She swiftly parked her car and looked at her watch. She made this watch herself with her powers. The purpose of this watch is to cover her 002 tattoo. She meant everything when she says she want a new normal life.

"Hey, stranger!" Her head whipped at the sound of a familiar voice. She saw Billy waving over in her direction. She waved back and checked her watch. She still have 30 minutes before her chemistry class starts.

She walked towards Billy, who was leaning on his car, and said hi back. He smiled at her and patted the space beside him.

"How's it going? What's your costume tonight? I kinda want both of us to have a concept. I'm thinking about something related to motorcycle." He asked. Naomi sighed beside him.

"About that..." she trailed, couldn't find the right words.

"You don't like motorcycle theme?" He assumed, "well, we could do another. I'm thinking about pirates." He added.

Billy looks excited about the party, Naomi couldn't find it in her to turn it down, but she have to.

"I can't go to the party, Billy. I'm sorry." She blurted out, Billy's head whipped in her direction, forehead creasing.

"What? Why?" He pushed himself up from his position and stood in front of her.

Naomi sighed, couldn't find the right words to tell him.

"It's just... I have things to do---"

"Like what?" He cut her off.

"...personal things?" He knew it himself that the girl in front of him was lying.

"Personal things?" He asked. Naomi pushed herself up and started to walk, Billy following behind her. She was trying so hard to not let things happened this way but it's obvious that Billy's not happy with her decision.

"Yeah, I mean..." She turned around to look at him but stopped after seeing the defeated look on his face, "Billy..."

The male didn't answer but walked around her and entered the school. Naomi sighed, she couldn't believe she let her first friend down.

She sighed, ready to enter the school when someone shouted her name.

-*-

Lucas, Mike, and Dustin sang the theme song of Ghostbusters, like their costumes, while chaining their bikes.

"Who you gonna call?" They sang in synch.

"Ghostbusters!" Will shouted behind them. The group looked behind them to see Will wearing his costume.

"Yeah!" They all cheered after seeing each other.

"Egon!" Lucas greeted Will with his costume and hugged him.

"Venkman!" Will greeted back with the same enthusiasm, also greeting Lucas with his costume, and hugged back.

Mike paused after hearing what Will greeted Lucas, "Whoa whoa..." he stopped and touched Lucas to make him face Mike and saw the words 'Venkman' engraved in his costume as his character.