Chapter 30

I cut off the engine with a flick of my hand and slid the key out of the ignition before hauling my ass off the bike and hitched the helmet on the right handle.

I adjusted the duffel bag and took my phone out to call Levy but his voice halted my finger from pressing the call button.

I turned to face Levy and squinted when I saw a few minor bruises on his face as he approached me in a hurry. I could see the scars from the fight 2 nights ago but some were actually fresh.

"There you are! Dammit, Pix. I told you to be here at 9. What the hell took you so long?" He ranted off as he took my wrist and dragged me along to the familiar path we took before my first fight here.

I rolled my eyes at his overdramatic greeting. "Well hello to you too, Mr. I-won't-tolerate-a-two-minutes-tardy-person." I smiled sweetly at him as he shot me a brief glare and continued dragging me inside the building.

This time, there weren't any stretchers that was running around the hall, screaming and contaminated the corridor with an aura of tension and panic.

I breathed a sigh as we reached the dressing room as I took off the jacket I wore, revealing a tank underneath. I rolled my neck and shoulder blades around and checked on my phone to check how many minutes we've got left.

With 3 minutes to spare before someone come fetch us, I set my legs shoulder-width apart and let my arms fall limp at my sides before turning sideways abruptly by my hip.

My limp arms followed suit as they made a loud piercing sound every time I turned sideways in an abrupt motion.

After a 3 whole minutes, I stood straight and looked down onto my fingertips and saw them a raw shade of red.

Levy just stood there, stretching his own way. We learnt not to question my way of warming up a long time ago and I was happy with how it is.

After a few seconds of waiting, someone finally fetched us from the changing room and guided us along the distinctively familiar hallways towards where the stairs lay.

I turned to Levy as the lady walked away, leaving us alone with the same porcupine head dude.

"So, are you fighting right after I finish?" I asked him curiously as he fussed over the strap of my bag. He shook his head to answer me but didn't look up as he answered me, still trying to adjust the strap of my bag.

"Nah, I fought way before you arrived. The guy landed a pretty hard blow on my side though." He winced as if he still remembers the throbbing sensation of having someone beat you up.

I nodded and turned towards the stairs as I heard my stage name being called and the porcupine dude gave me the go.

I climbed the stairs, preparing myself as I drained my facial expression of any emotions and steeled myself, not letting my nerves get the best of me and kept walking towards the center of the arena.

My skin prickled under the heated stares of hormonal perverts. I went for the reckless look today with my tank that showed off my bare arms but still covered a decent amount of cleavage and shorts.

I contemplated on wearing leggings but I didn't trust it's loyalty to me on not getting me humiliated in the middle of a fight so I had to fish out my shorts and suck up my pride.

I didn't bother looking around as I rubbed my hard fingertips. They were still raw from the warm up and my inner self smirked. They wouldn't know what hit them.

I finally faced my opponent. The second he set foot on the arena and saw who he's going to fight, his face morphed into pure rage.

He faced the area where a huddle of people in uniforms were watching and screamed at the top of his lungs in complete fury.