Chapter 51

A dear friend had this done for me and I find it so sweet 😂 thanks so much for this. This chapter's dedicated for ye. And if y'all got the time, do check out this book called 'Steady My Heart' by @gela_zurcats

Thanks and enjoy the chapter, I have a feeling this will spike some less than appropriate words in the comments. But eh, I'll leave you guys to it.

•~•~•

"Dibs on the remote control!" I yelled out while racing Penny to the couch. I jumped over it and landed on my butt with both hands raised.

"Incoming!" Penny shouted behind me and I didn't think twice before rolling over to the far end of the couch to give her room. She did a small flip and landed back first on the sofa, having the breath knocked out of her in a huff.

I grabbed the pillow and threw it at her before grabbing the remote from the coffee table. My parents were out on a dinner, dad's been talking about it the whole day. I heard they were going on a candlelight dinner on a ship or something; oh well.

"Case, some help?" Adam's voice came from the kitchen and I excused myself from Penny before hauling my ass off the comfy couch and made my way to the kitchen.

"Yo, what do you need help with?" I greeted him unceremoniously, leaning on the door. We were having a sleep over to celebrate the scholarship I received and Adam was in charge with the snacks since I didn't know how to operate the kitchen yet.

Yes, yet. My sweet mother asked Adam to teach me the ways of cooking. I couldn't even describe how offended I probably looked but so far, Adam has been nothing but patient with my nonexistent cooking skills.

I almost succeeded in making eggs that morning but I flipped it too hard and almost broke the stove by spilling the eggs straight onto the fire, if that's even possible.

"I've got the snack prepared and I just need some help bringing it to the living room," he said while arranging the cupcakes on the tray.

I came over and kissed his left cheek to show my gratitude to him for feeding my growling stomach.

"Have I mentioned just how much I love you?" I asked him jokingly and took the tray that was already full with all sorts of cookies beside him and picked one to toss it into my mouth.

"Yeah, yeah, I know you love me. Now let me finish this batch, woman!" He waved me off but I still can hear the smile in his voice. A grin grew on my lips and when I reached the living room, Penny caught a glimpse at me and made a face.

"What are you so happy about?" She asked curiously, crossing her legs and leaning on the armrest.

I shrugged my shoulders whilst settling the tray down.

"I just have the most amazing boyfriend," I dismissed with the shit eating grin still on my face.

Penny gave me that look she does when she just dipped her head in the gutter. I groaned when she started wiggling her eyebrows.

She laughed when she saw my bitch face, looking back to the television. I looked back when I heard some shuffling.

"Case, I need to get some more milk, it won't take me long. Try not to miss me so much, yeah?" He called from the door and I laughed.

"Love you too, you lil shit!" I shouted, not taking my eyes off the television as I heard his footsteps getting closer and closer before I felt him plant a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Don't do anything stupid when I'm gone, you two!" He warned, earning an eye roll from me. Pfft, like I'd do any of that. I am more than capable of staying mature and still without any supervision.