Chapter 15

After parking my bike near the entrance, I trudged lazily into the warehouse, guided by Adam and the dim light of our phones. It wasn't big and it looked pretty cozy to live in. It was easily as a big as my living room back home.

A couch was pushed in the far corner, covered with sheets and under it was a carpet and a mini wooden coffee table that seemed to be polished not long ago. Beside the couch was a lamp stand that was alight and on the other side was a mini fridge, plugged into a nearby socket.

Shelves and 2 other couches were placed across the room along with a counter with snacks and sachets of tea, coffee and other form of beverages. A few clothes were strewn here and there but aside from that, there was nothing unique about it.

Monic ran towards me in a hurry and engulfed me in a bear hug and started inspecting me head to toe for any wounds.

"Jesus Christ, Case! You're bleeding!" Mo exclaimed in panic as she fussed over the minor wounds I have and I tried to wave her off as she gingerly grabbed my chin and inspect my busted lip and the blood dripping from my temple.

"I'm fine, a little dizzy but fine." I shrugged her concern off as I nodded at Jake. He did what he was asked to and kept my baby sister safe.

"What happened?" Mo asked softly as she guided me to the couch in a corner of the room with a tall lamp beside it that gave off a dim light, enough to illuminate it's surrounding.

"Some guy wants me dead and wanted to fight so we did." I shrugged it off like it's an everyday thing while Adam, Zac and Jake sat on the couch. They seemed to be in shock as they looked between themselves and started talking slowly, seeming to process the events that happened in the last hour.

Monic seem to realize our missing friend then and looked around in confusion. "Where's Dom?" she turned to me but I shook my head, "I don't want to talk about it." I told her simply and she should know better than to pry.

Luckily, she decided to drop it and move to the next dreaded topic.

"Wait, they know now?" Mo whispered in a hushed tone. Monic knows about what I do in my spare time and even though she doesn't approve, she knows it's better than me being depressed and crying everyday. If it wasn't for street fighting, I would be in bed, mourning for my brother and she understands that.

"Well, we didn't exactly stop for a tea and talk about it. None of we brought any China porcelain tea sets with us, now did we," I mumbled sarcastically before shaking my head.

"You have to tell them, Case. They deserve to know what they're getting into." Mo whispered in a concern tone while glancing towards her boyfriend that was in a heated discussion with his friends.

I shook my head at her oblivious state. "Mo, they already know. They're in the same community. They street fight. They know about the Underground Place. An illegal place. Sounds familiar?" I resisted the urge to flick her forehead to give the words an extra boost to sink into her head.

After a second of silence, her eyes widened and she looked at me with her mouth shaping an 'o'.

I pinched the bridge of my nose in exasperation and looked at her pointedly. This girl, I swear..

The sound of someone clearing their throat brought me back.

"Case. We need to talk."

Have you ever felt that feeling when your heart sinks into your stomach and your throat turns dry just because your dad is looking at you like he's ready to kick you out of the house if you make a single wrong move? That's what I'm feeling.

I closed my eyes and gulped silently. Looking into Monic's eyes, I know it wasn't good.

I turned around slowly as my nails dug into my thighs through my jeans.