Chapter 31

This one goes to @Ana2luv for the help and idea on the chapter. I couldn't have done the chapter without that note on my wall. Thanks for everything, bro.

Much love~

•~•~•

"For the love of God, Adam. Where on are Earth are you taking me?" I huffed out in exasperation, earning a booming laugh from Adam.

"Calm down, Case. We've only been in this car for 10 minutes." It's true. But when you're being chewed on by the suspense and curiosity, 10 minutes feels like a fucking eternity.

"Goddamit, just tell me already!" I threw up my hands in frustration and Adam chuckled once more. I know I'm acting like a brat but when your genes contain impatience and stubborn qualities, it's kind of inevitable.

"Now where's the fun in that?" He teased and I glared jokingly at him, causing him to raise his hands in mock surrender. I cracked a smile.

"There it is!" Adam exclaimed when the smile made an appearance, startling me. The smile grew a teeny bit bigger at his stupid antics, suppressing a silent laugh.

"Shut up," I playfully shoved him and he caught my hand in his, a playful smirk plastered on his face as he kept his other hand on the steering wheel and his gaze on the road.

"Haven't you heard that it is dangerous to abuse the driver?" He taunted and I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time that day.

A blush crawled up my cheeks and my whole face was flooded in warmth as he brought the back of my hands up to his face and grazed his lips on my knuckles.

My stomach felt like a fucking zoo.

He averted his gaze from the road to my face and cracked up laughing as he saw my flustered state and I sat there gobsmacked.

"You jerk! You did it on purpose!" I smacked his arm instinctively but that didn't cut his laughter short as he laughed harder, hitting the steering wheel lightly. When he accidentally hit the horn, it was my turn to howl in laughter at his stunned state.

Eventually, our laughter ceased and we settled in a comfortable silence. "So.."

"Tell me about yourself," I murmured absentmindedly and he chuckled.

"What do you want to know?"

I thought hard, what do I want to know? I released my bottom lip that I didn't even realize I was gnawing on. I decided to start something small.

"When's your birthday?"

"14th of April."

"Favorite color?"

"Silver."

"Hobby?"

"Playing the guitar." That made me throw a curious glance which he caught and got him raising an eyebrow.

"What?" I shook my head, a small smile dancing on my lips.

"You just don't seem like the type of guy who plays music instruments."

He threw me a smug smirk before informing me in a matter of fact tone, "I actually play the guitar, keyboard, bass and drum. Not to mention I used to be a vocalist in junior high."

Now that got me rethinking about my skills.

I decided to act nonchalant and continue with my get-to-know-Adam plan.

"Favorite band?"

He shrugged, "I don't have favorites." I nodded, too lazy to prod.

"Favorite movie?"