Chapter 19

I whirled back and my stare narrowed on the form that was staggering forward. It was dark and the only light that
was allowing us to see anything was the dim light of the lamp post.

I squinted to see his face as he tripped on his own foot. His body form was slumped and his movement was sluggish. My gut was telling me to run the other way and I was about to listen when another voice came behind me.

"Hey pretties," I jolted and rushed back to Penelope's side, holding her hand and pulling her close, shielding her from them.

I turned to the other party, watching their every move.

In our right side, there was a group of 3 people that were sneering at us, taunting us. They looked pretty sober and I could feel my heartbeat pick up and my mind start doing calculations while my eyes flew from one side to the other, sizing them up.

My eyes darted around our surroundings, searching for a quick escape.

The second they came too close for my liking, I pulled Penelope, who was quivering in her shoes, to one side and told her to run in a hushed tone.

She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Go! I'll distract them, go somewhere safe and don't look back."

She didn't seem to think twice about it. Her chin was trembling and she seemed to be close to tears as she pulled me into a hug and with a soft thank you, she was off like the hell hounds were on her heels.

I turned to our uninvited guests and saw the man with his companions gesturing them to go after Penelope.

I narrowed my eyes into slits as I took off my flats.

Girly time's over, boys. Meet Pixie.

As the guy took of running after her, I took off running after him and tackled him to the ground and started throwing punches.

"Don't. hurt. my. friend." I growled under my breath in between punches. Penelope might not be a friend that I have known forever, hell, I've only met her yesterday but she's a friend to me and I'm not letting anyone hurt my friends or family.

Hell, who the fuck am I kidding, if he lay a hand on a single strand of her hair on her pretty head, I'm gonna break his fingers one by one.

In the midst of punching, I heard someone walking up behind me and I gave the guy a good punch for the last time before bracing myself and swinging my left foot up into the air, aiming for the other guy's head as I used my hands to hold my weight.

As my foot made contact with some random part of his body, I heard a pained grunt from the guy behind me and I jumped to my feet to face him.

I raised my foot to give him another kick but he moved away and someone grabbed me from the back.

My foot kicked the air as I thrashed against the hold keeping my arms captive.

I screamed in frustration as I realized they're hold's too strong for me to fight off.

The guy that I punched stalked towards me while I was still fighting off the guy holding me. I glared at him and spat at his face when he's at arm's length and he scrunched up his battered face in disgust before wiping my spit off.