Chapter 50

Dedicated to a friend of mine I found in wattpad some time ago. Life gets better, it has its ups and downs but it really does get better 😊 Here's to @Styles4Ever94 // Cheers bro 🎊

•~•~•

It was Friday and I was sweating a river. I can't seem to have a much needed break. Even from school; especially from school. It was surreal.

"Ms. Johnson, please report to the dean's office immediately," the voice from the intercom announced. I gulped ever so subtly. Not good.

Come on, Johnson. Breathe. As long as you're not in the wrong, there's nothing to be afraid of. I was helping Adam out in that brawl and I was just trying to keep those guys from beating him to death.

Okay, I may have put a fellow schoolmate in a gullet-in choke but hey, he was asking for it.

I mean, seriously, let's face it. He was beating Adam up! Do you know how many girls would've killed them even if I didn't jump to his rescue? I was doing them a favor by handling it myself and preventing them from getting trampled by enraged 'fangirls'.

Okay, I may have made that up. I don't really know if the dude has fangirls but I could imagine it so it must be true. I know, weird logic, but I never said I was normal either.

I got up from my seat, dozens pair of eyes followed my every move while I gathered my things and left the class. I couldn't care less about what they're thinking about me by now.

I made sure to let them know their judging stares aren't bothering me by turning my chin up and letting the stoic mask takes its rightful place, giving them an invisible middle finger that I mentally raised high up in the air.

Once the door of the classroom closed, I let how much this call to the dean's office is bothering me. The walk to the office was unnerving. Despite the fact that I did nothing wrong, the dean is one fierce lady that has this permanent frown on her face 24/7.

When I'm finally standing in front of her office, I tried to get my shit together before knocking and hearing a slightly raspy feminine croak out an "enter".

I gave the door a small push and slipped through the small gap to stand before the dean's desk and started fidgeting with the ends of my sleeve.

The dean wasn't even looking at me then but I could feel myself start to tremble. Getting expelled was so not on my plan. She's not even squinting at me with that judgmental look and I'm already sweating like I've been running all the way here.

"Err, you called?" I asked timidly. I might be a street fighter but I'm still nerdy little Case at school and I'd prefer it to remain that way.

"Yes," I swallowed nervously, subtly tugging my shirt away from my neck. Is it just me or this shirt just got a size smaller?

"So, am I in trouble, Mrs. Zhang?" I prepared myself for the worst, sucking in a small breath when her eyes finally landed on me.

But instead of giving me those stern and scolding gazes she has always gave to others, she offered me a rare smile and motioned me to sit.

"I do want to talk to you and I apologize for pulling you out from your studies. This is an extremely important matter," She folded her hands together on top of her desk where piles of paper sat and a couple of picture frames were set, portraying her husband and her daughter, years back.

The picture with a young woman with a familiar graduation hat and costume on was on the other frame and it helped me confirm the fact that her daughter graduated a few years ago and was an alumni student of this school.