Chapter 34

This chapter is dedicated to @ehbugaloo

Enjoy brooo

•~•~•

I wrenched my arm away as Adam tried to hold me back.

Oh hell no. I just found out that the man I didn't beat to a pulp the previous night killed my brother and almost ended my life in the process. Ain't no asshole going to hold me back.

Fuck this shit.

I swiveled away from Adam and turned towards the guy. Someone's dying tonight.

When I was finally a couple of feet away from him, I could finally see how his eyes blazed with anger as if I have somehow offended him.

I stared into the depth of his eyes, willing him to try and taunt me one more time.

"What are you trying to say," I managed to spit out whilst holding myself back on punching him. By now, it was a miracle that I haven't pummeled him in.

"I am the truck driver, you foolish bitch." He snarled and although I expected the answer, it didn't faze to throw me aback as my knees buckled a little.

But this doesn't make sense. All of the pieces aren't making any clear image of the freaking puzzle. They're trying to mess with your head. Don't let them screw with you. You're Pixie. Act like it. I scolded myself mentally as I steeled my expression one more time.

It's getting harder and harder each time he brought Bryant up. It's like his ghost was hovering over me, watching me and testing my reaction like poking a damn bear.

I breathed through my nose as I tried to calm myself down and piece it all together. I'm trying so hard not to kill this guy but he's making it real hard by just standing in my line of sight, looking like he wanted to be punched.

"Dom said he killed my brother." I gritted out in a tight voice as I collected my senses and tried not to choke on the overflowing emotions.

"He's my colleague. Paid me to kill brother dearest." He replied in that same calm tone that managed to set me off another inch towards the black hole of rage.

I breathed and counted to 10 once more as I watched him file his nails as if I wasn't there about to slit his throat with my bare nails.

My right eye twitched as I struggled to maintain my calmness and I smacked it once again. "It doesn't make sense."

"Why should it? He's crazy but he's a filthy rich bastard. I'm sane and ambitious but I'm a penniless man." I snorted. It was a bad timing but it was snort-worthy.

"Talk about perfect couple," I muttered in disgust as I stared at him. I was disgusted because just to receive some money, this guy would actually take the innocent life of a teenager. Bryant was just a teenage boy, he was barely 18 when that truck came barreling out of nowhere and claimed his life.

All these years, I blamed no one but myself but just days ago, I found out that there was someone to blame. That my ex-childhood best friend was the cause of my brother's death and now? Someone else was claiming to have killed him for money, receiving orders from Dom.

Could Dom really be that much of a shameless bastard that he would actually hire some deranged bastard to kill off his best friend? The thought made me revolt in disgust towards Dom more than I already felt and that was talking a lot.

Couldn't a girl have a break? I'm so sick and tired of all this drama. A year ago, I was a girl that was going through a hard time on coping with her brother's recent death that was caused by an accident.