Chapter 3

Uhmmm hi 😂 I've been caught up with my personal life which is why I haven't been writing and updating. I think this is normal after writing a book but for those who could immediately jump on a new story, I salute you.

I'm not even going to mention the previous race (which I'd call more of an interview for Charles tbh) but we do have 2 more back to back races so any guesses on how Ferrari could mess up its strategy even more?

Enjoy!

*****

December 25, 2027 - Monaco

There have only been a handful of moments in my life where I'm caught completely off guard. At a young age, I've learned how to properly school my features to hide what I was really feeling inside, careful enough that I'm only vulnerable to a few.

As a lawyer, you have to learn how to be calm especially during times where you're expected not to be. In law school alone, I've seen hundreds of students completely give away their intentions with just one look, forfeiting the win before they even opened their mouths to speak. When I became a prosecutor, I was thankful for those moments in school where my professors would give me comments after class. Being a lawyer is already difficult but to be the one to set the charges was a time in my life that I was thankful for but dreaded at the same time.

When I met Charles, a lot of people had some nasty things to say whenever we were seen publicly. The same goes for my social media account but I rarely post with less than twenty photos on my profile. Usually, I'd have a story but none of them would fully expose my personal life. I liked keeping my personal life private and I kept that promise to myself even when I married one of the greatest Formula One drivers of his generation.

Now, I was keeping my hands behind me as Charles was surrounded by doctors and nurses. Pascale hasn't left his side the entire time while Lorenzo was on his right. Arthur was standing beside me and you could see the relief in his eyes. Charles hasn't spoken a word to anyone apart from answering the questions the doctors have. His eyes have continued to glance at me and I nervously played with my fingers behind my back because I couldn't decipher what he was thinking.

As his doctor, Luke, continued to explain to him the injuries he had and has now survived, a look of confusion covered his face. "Wait, how did the crash happen?"

Everyone grew silent as my eyes met Lorenzo's. Arthur stepped forward until he was standing by the foot of Charles' hospital bed. "You and George were about to lap Nico when he lost control of the wheel. He hit you and you crashed into the wall by the pits."

"Hülkenberg?" Charles asked and my eyebrows scrunched up in confusion at the question.

"Yes?"

"He's back in Formula One?" I felt myself freeze as Charles scratched the side of his head, looking away from Arthur. "I thought he was in NASCAR?"

"Charles, Nico's been racing for Aston Martin for two years." Lorenzo said and the confusion on his brother's face deepened.

Luke cleared his throat and he stepped closer to Charles, a tentative smile on his face. I could see the other doctors and nurses behind him sharing a look and I didn't like it one bit. "Mr. Leclerc, if it's alright, I'd like to as you a few questions."

"Sure."

"What's your full name?"

"Charles Marc Hervé Perceval Leclerc." Charles immediately answered and I watched as Pascale's eyes flitted from him to Luke.