Chapter 51

Hello everyone! I know it's been a while :) There's so much drama in this book that I never expected to write lol that's what I get for starting a story without figuring out the plot 🤣 please keep an eye out for typos if there are any

Enjoy! 

tw: violence 

*****

October 13, 2025 - Japan

Charles and I were arguing.

Honestly, there was nothing new with the fact that we were arguing. It was the topic that I didn't like.

"What are you not telling me?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest as he sat on the small bed in his driver's room. I was standing in front of him, just a few feet away. I could sense the frustration in him, but it was more of frustration that whatever it is that I wasn't sharing was making me uncomfortable.

It didn't help either that Imara had flown in from Boston to Japan and Charles grew even more confused because he never thought she'd want to watch a race.

Imara and I have been meeting each other the past few days whenever Charles had to work. I knew his schedule by heart so it was pretty easy to time it. We've been creating plans on how to go with this and almost all alternatives we thought of would lead to affecting Charles' position in Ferrari. Imara has repeatedly asked me if I was sure of the possibility of him either abandoning or crumbling the team into pieces. Every time she asked, I gave her a look that basically screamed yes.

I was going to tell him on the way home back to Monaco since we used his private jet to go here. We would have the privacy I needed and I thought of it as a push for me since I wouldn't have an escape.

"I will tell you on the flight back home." I said, my voice was stern and showing that I wasn't going to budge.

"You can't tell me that and not tell me whatever it is about." He pouted and I wanted to laugh at how childish he looked. "Especially before a race." 

"Well, that's how it's going to happen and there's nothing you can do about it." I smirked, walking forward as I placed my hands on either side of his shoulders while his moved to my waist, fingers moving to shift my shirt as he caressed my skin. 

"This is what our life is going to be like, isn't it?" He grinned and I inclined my head to the side, urging him to explain further. "You're going to boss me around until I'm old with gray hair and agree with you every time." 

My lips parted at the mention of our future and I found myself falling even harder for the man in front of me. I can't say I haven't been thinking about it because I have. I don't get into relationships without seeing a future with the person I'm in it with. It's a complete waste of time to do otherwise and I'm thankful I've found someone who has the same belief. 

Sometimes, I imagine where we'd be in five years. Then it'd be ten years. Sometimes, I hope it lasts forever. I don't see the arguments going away because it's what makes us us. We wouldn't be Charles and Nadia if we didn't have a petty argument at least once a week. But aside from that, I see us hopping from one coffee shop to another, most likely judging if the drinks were worth it to come back for. I see us visiting Turkey when I'm ready to come back, with me introducing him to my family. I've never introduced anyone, so he'd be the first. 

And I plan on him being the only one. 

Charles left me in his driver's room, still with a slight pout on his face. I gave him a lingering kiss before he walked out, but he was being very stubborn. The nerves within me skyrocketed thinking about how he would react when I tell him.