Chapter 42

Hello! How have you all been?

I'm so tired, but I needed a break from everything so I found some time to write this chapter :) I haven't had the chance to proofread it so please watch out for some mistakes!

Enjoy!

*****

July 25, 2025 - Hungary

My hand was clasped tightly around Charles' as we walked through the paddock. The atmosphere between us got lighter when I agreed to his offer back in the hotel room but we still spent most of our time eating breakfast in silence. Despite the silent agreement to forget about our problems for the next three days, you can't really control the emotions you feel.

He was going to attend the press conference first before heading into free practice. I chose to file a leave today, surprised that Adeline was so understanding about it since I messaged at the last minute. I wanted to savor this weekend and doing work was going to keep me from doing that.

Charles didn't want to leave my side so he ended up dragging me into the room dedicated for the press conference.

"Will you be okay here?" He asked, stopping by the third row and brushing a few strands of hair away from my face as his other hand landed on my hip. His press officer was behind him, talking to a few of the journalists present. When I looked into his eyes, I could see the apprehension of not being beside me. Ever since we left our hotel room, he hasn't let go of me except when we got out of the car.

It was like he was afraid that having me physically out of reach would mean he'd never see me again.

"I'll be fine." I smiled, finding it amusing how he was gushing all over me. Who knew Charles Leclerc was such a softie? "Go and do your job."

Upon hearing my tone, Charles rolled his eyes at me and gave me a peck on the lips before turning around. I watched as he sat down beside Sebastian, clapping him on the back before sending a wave at George and Checo. I took a seat by the end of the aisle, waiting for the press conference to start since from what I heard, they were still waiting for Lewis.

Ten minutes later, he walked in and I raised an eyebrow at the amount of jewelry he was wearing. He was wearing three watches– two on the right and one on the left– along with a few bracelets on his wrist. Around his neck, he had about three necklaces on but I was sure there were more underneath his shirt. Both of his ears were pierced with silver stud earrings and he had one on his nose as well. My eyes moved to his hands where every finger had a silver ring on it, my eyebrows raising up in surprise when I saw one that stood out.

A gold band.

"He's protesting." A voice on my right said and I glanced up, my eyes widening upon seeing Adeline smiling at me. She was dressed in a violet pantsuit along with matching black stilettos. Adeline carried herself with so much grace and elegance that a royal held for themself. "Can I sit with you?"

"Yeah, sure." I said, unsure of what was happening. I moved over and she dropped down on the seat beside me. "Please don't take this the wrong way, but what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to watch the conference." She said and I raised an eyebrow, not caring if she was my boss. Technically, neither of us were at work so she wasn't my boss at this very moment. "I'm here for–"

Before she could even finish her sentence, someone spoke on the microphone to start the press conference. I gave Adeline one more curious look before turning to the front, my eyes immediately landing on Charles.