Chapter 39

This is a very long chapter so get ready 

Enjoy!

*****

June 21-22, 2025 - France

I smirked at Charles as he placed a cup of coffee in front of me while he rolled his eyes. We were in the paddock, sitting around a table with Max and Mick. The two were having a serious discussion about today's qualifying session where Lewis beat Charles by two hundredths of a second, snatching pole position from him. Charles was a bit bummed out about it especially since the French Grand Prix also holds a special place in his heart.

Too bad he lost our bet and has no choice but to bring me coffee every day until he admits his alcohol tolerance is not as high as mine.

With his pride, I'm accepting the fact that I wouldn't need to buy myself a cup of coffee anymore.

"Thank you." I sweetly said, taking a sip of the coffee as he sat across from me.

"Oh, shut it." He grumbled, leaning his forehead against the table as I laughed at him.

"Mate, just admit it." Max chuckled as he watched Charles and enjoyed his suffering. "Haven't you learned anything? You can never win with Nadia."

"I agree." Mick nodded his head, winking at me. "We had a small debate about the strategy Haas made for Daniel back in Montreal and she managed to win it despite not knowing much about how the car works. It's absolutely brilliant."

"You alright there, baby?" I teased when Charles sat up and sighed deeply.

"I do not deserve this verbal pain today." He crossed his arms over his chest and pouted his lips, facial expression identical to that of a child's.

The three of them had to attend their respective team meetings so I stayed behind, drowning myself in work once again. I had an online meeting later on which I was planning to take in the hotel room. Charles declined an invite from Pierre to have dinner at the hotel restaurant since he didn't want me eating alone, cooped up in the hotel room.

It was around six in the evening when they finished up, half an hour before my meeting, which gave me enough time to head back to the hotel and prepare for it. I saw Max and Charles walking towards me but my eyebrows furrowed in confusion when I noticed another figure beside them. She was standing on Charles' left while Max walked on his right, his face impassive as the other two talked.

It was when they neared me that I realized it was Rose.

My eyes met Max's as Charles moved to my side, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Rose, I'd like you to meet Nadia." He said, smiling at the two of us as Rose and Max stopped in front of us.

I gave her a small smile and offered my hand which she gladly took. From beside her, I could see Max eyeing Charles and raising an eyebrow when he dropped his hand to his side and didn't stand as close to me, unlike the usual.

"I didn't realize you were here." I said, trying to make conversation. "Were you able to catch the session earlier?"

Rose shook her head and gave a sad smile. "I had to finish up some things in my bakery so I settled with the livestream Charles sent me. I am excited for the race tomorrow. It's been a while since I last watched one live."

Yeah. Back when you were still in a relationship with Charles.

"We're planning to eat out for dinner. There's this great restaurant just a few minutes from here." My heart dropped upon hearing Charles' words and it was obvious by his face that he completely forgot about my meeting. I opened my mouth to speak but hesitated, not knowing what to say, until Max helped me out.