Chapter 52

Got a light chapter up ahead because I'm getting tired of all the drama lol

Enjoy!

*****

October 15, 2025 - Mexico

I've been sitting inside this room for almost three hours now, having continuous discussions with the five other people with me.

Imara was on my right while Charles sat on my left. He hasn't left me ever since Japan and he's even cancelled all of his media engagements during our short trip back to Monaco. When the adrenaline finally wore off, he didn't let go of me as we left the track. He didn't let go of me during the entire plane ride home with me flushed against his side. He didn't let go of me as we passed by my apartment so that I could get a change of clothes before heading to his.

I didn't let go of him as well. I felt relieved that I wouldn't have to explain every single detail to him because doing that verbally was just as challenging as thinking about it.

In front of us sat Charles' manager, Nicolas, alongside Ferrari's PR manager and legal advisor, Ivy and Cedric. Nicolas has been giving us a rundown of the past two days wherein it's been agreed by management that Manuele will not be present in the paddock for the entire season.

"We've kept this under the wraps." Ivy began as she passed on a piece of paper that held a bunch of names. There were only about fifteen of them, including the people in this room. "These are the names of people who know about the issue and have signed a non-disclosure agreement which can be waived for legal purposes." I shared a look with Imara as we glanced at the list of names before passing it onto Charles. My eyes lifted to Ivy's when she shifted on her seat, glancing at Cedric who gave a small nod before looking at us once again. "Management would like to ask if you still plan on pushing through with the charges."

I raised an eyebrow at her, not feeling guilty when it made her comfortable. My eyes moved to Cedric who was waiting for an answer from us as he held Imara's gaze which I'm sure was just as fierce as mine.

Cedric cleared his throat before speaking. "Management is willing to settle this to keep it away from the media."

Translation: We don't want to taint the Ferrari name.

"I don't want your money." I said, fingers tapping on the table.

"What happens if she settles?" Charles asked beside me and I cast a look towards his way to see his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He was merely asking because he wanted to hear what they would say. He knew I would never accept money in exchange for forgetting what happened.

Cedric wrote something on a piece of paper before sliding it to me. "This is the settlement management has agreed upon." I didn't touch it and neither did the two people sitting on either side of me.

"As for Manuele Moretti?" Imara voiced out.

"He'll be removed from his position as team principal and will announce that he is taking a leave of absence."

A scoff escaped Charles' lips as he crossed his arms over his chest. "That's not enough."

"Charles." Nicolas said, eyes pleading.

"The only place he deserves to be is behind bars. I don't care what happens to everyone or everything else." His words were not missed by the others. Apprehension spread through their faces when they realized what Charles meant.

I don't care what happens to Ferrari. If Manuele isn't locked up, I'm leaving.

"I'm pushing through with the charges." I said, breaking the silence that Charles' statement caused.  "I have enough evidence to confirm the events of that night, but I have no plans of making the news public."