Chapter 58

We're experiencing a lot of jumps hehehe

Enjoy!

*****

May 31, 2026 - Monaco

"Is that?"

"Yes." Charles said, nodding his head, as he continued to pull me hand towards a group of people in the Ferrari garage.

"Charles." I hissed, tugging on my hand but he wouldn't let go. "I am not prepared for this."

"No one is, Nova." He grinned and I looked around to find an escape route but I found none. "Now, smile. By the way, we have to address him as Your Serene Highness."

I schooled my face as the Prince of Monaco— the real and legitimate Prince of Monaco— turned his head in our direction. His smile widened when he saw Charles and he quickly made his way toward us. "Charles!" Prince Albert cheered.

"Your Serene Highness." Charles smiled, accepting the hand of the prince to shake it lightly. "I'd like to introduct my fiancée, Nadia Kaplan."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Your Serene Highness." Charles didn't bow so I guess I don't have to, but I did give a small nod of my head to show my respect.

"Do you live in Monaco as well?"

I nodded my head and smiled. "I moved here a year ago after living in Boston."

"And how do you think of it?" The prince asked, although it was obvious that he was doing so to entertain his curiosity. There was a sense of peace around the royal and as I glanced at the other people behind him, it didn't seem like they were in the midst of the country's leader. It was like he was just an average man watching the race.

"It's lovely and I happen to have a few favorite spots that I visit occasionally." Charles and I continued to talk to the prince, the two of them taking lead of the conversation most of the time.

When it was almost time for him to get inside the car, we bid goodbye to the prince who wished Charles goodluck in the race.

"I'm going to kill you." I pinched his side as soon as we were out of earshot and Charles laughed at the expression on my face. "You could've given me a warning."

"I did." He grinned, fingers grazing my jaw as he leaned in to kiss my lips. "I figured ten seconds of preparation was enough for you."

I pushed his face away when he tried to kiss me again, only making him laugh harder as Andrea watched us with amusement on the side. He was holding Charles' helmet and balaclava, plus the ziploc bag where he always puts his bracelets.

I need to get him something more sustainable because that ziploc looks like it's been travelling all over the world with him. I let the two of them work, standing on the side as everyone else around me worked and made some last minute touches before Charles had to leave the garage and head to the grid.

As per usual, the atmosphere of the Monaco Grand Prix displayed the elegance of Formula One. It was one of the tracks, or street circuits to be more specific, that everyone knew would be jam packed with the world's elites. It wasn't like Miami where most of the attendees were Hollywood celebrities and influencers. The guests of Monaco were close to being royalty. From all the races I've attended, this was the one where most of the previos F1 champions and drivers were present.

"I love you." I told Charles before he put on his balaclava, our lips meeting shortly for a kiss.

"I love you." He replied back, giving me a wink before the white fabric covered his face for a few seconds.