Chapter 74

We have a podium!! Absolutely gutted for Carlos and Oscar with what happened at the start of the race though ewfbjfnwn 

Anyway, we have songs for this chapter 😉 You guys will know when to play it. Trust me. 

I Was Never There by The Weeknd, Gesaffelstein

Renegade by Aaryan Shah

High (& Dua Lipa) by Whethan, Dua Lipa

Under The Influence by Chris Brown

warning: mature content

Enjoy!

*****

July 22, 2028 - Hungary

"Where are we going?" Charles asked as I pulled his hand, my other occupied by my phone which I was using for GPS.

"You'll see in a few minutes." I said, turning right by the corner of the street. Thankfully, there weren't that many people in this town. When we arrived in Hungary yesterday, a lot of fans were waiting for the drivers to arrive, some of them even hanging out by the streets of the airport, the hotel, and the circuit. Charles and I were having dinner with Pierre and Kika just across the street from the hotel, and it took us half an hour to get to the lobby because of the number of people asking for their pictures and autographs. There was nothing wrong with it, I thought, as Kika and I waited patiently for the boys. But I wanted some privacy for us tonight.

When the red door came into view, I grew excited when I saw that the orange tulips were still there. I knocked on the door twice before turning to Charles with a smile on my face.

"Is there where I find out you're a CIA agent who's been covering as a UN lawyer?" He asked, placing his hands inside the pocket of his hoodie, including mine that was clasped around his.

"Stop being dramatic and just wait."

The door opened and Mrs. Olah let out a gasp before she opened it all the way, her face lighting up as soon she sees me and Charles. "Ms. Kaplan!" She greeted, giving me a hug before moving to Charles who was looking at the woman with wide eyes. "Mr. Leclerc! Lovely to see you two. I was worried I would never see you again."

"That'll never happen, Mrs. Olah." I said, squeezing Charles' hand. He gave her a smile of his own although this was more tentative. We can't really tell her that Charles doesn't remember who she was because we can't risk anyone else knowing about his memory loss.

"Everything's ready for you. Why don't you go ahead and I'll follow? Your order is almost ready." She gave me a gentle push on my back, wringing her hands together as she watched Charles and I walk through the hallway.

I turned to Charles and was surprised when I saw a smile on his face. We haven't even gone past the door. What's he smiling about?

"Is this a date?" He asked, stopping me and grabbing my shoulders so that I was facing him.

I gave him a smile of my own and nodded my head. "When you're married, everything is a date." I winked at him before opening the door, feeling Charles stop as he stood underneath the doorframe.

The coffee shop looked as beautiful as ever, with walls lined up with books. I could see a few things that had changed, though. Mrs. Olah added a few more lights and there was now a section on the right corner that was filled with blankets and pillows.