Chapter 6

Uploading this minutes before the race!! I've decided to schedule my updates so I'll only be uploading every Sunday. I will be giving two chapters though so at least I won't leave you guys hanging ☺️

Hoping for a great race 🤞🏻

Enjoy!

*****

December 31, 2027 - Monaco

Dressed in a black halter dress made out of satin, I stepped through the front doors of Max's house. The party was already in full swing, music vibrating against the walls and people dancing around. We left half an hour late since Gabby only started getting ready when I was about to finish dressing up to which she ignored all of my glares as she ran around our apartment.

Max was waiting near the entrance so when he spotted us, he immediately walked towards our direction. I saw his eyes widen a fraction after landing on the blonde beside me and a smirk formed on his face.

"Incoming." I whispered to Gabby who was too busy looking around the place to notice the Red Bull driver.

"What?" She asked but before I could reply, Max was already in front of us as he greeted Charles first.

"Hey, mate." He said as he clapped the Monegasque on his back. "Good to have you back." Max said and Charles showed him a tight smile which caused my eyes to linger on him longer as Max turned to me. "Nads."

"Max." I smirked as he pulled me in for a hug. "You're welcome." I said, patting his back before I pulled away and winked at him. From my left, I noticed Gabby make a move to grab my arm but I stepped aside and turned to Charles. "Wanna do the rounds?" I asked, grabbing his arm and walking away without waiting for his answer.

I turned my head to see Max standing beside Gabby, hands hidden inside his pockets, as the latter glared at me. "When did that happen?" Charles asked from beside me as he grabbed my hand and properly looped it around his arm.

"The night of our wedding, actually." I replied and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Charles!" Both of our heads turned to Carlos who was waving his hand, the other linked with Isa's who was smiling at us. "Mate, it's so good to see you again." Carlos greeted as he hugged Charles. I pulled my arm away from him, moving over to Isa to greet her with a kiss on the cheek.

"You're glowing." I said, as I held both of her hands and took a small step back, looking at her outfit. Isa was wearing a yellow dress that complemented her skin, the hem ending just by her ankles along with white block heels.

Isa showed me a smile before glancing at Carlos. "It's the hormones." She said and I cocked my head to the side at her statement before I gasped. "We're pregnant." She confirmed and I immediately pulled the blonde in for a hug.

"Congratulations." I gushed, pulling away after giving her one more squeeze. "How far along are you?"

"Nine weeks." She said in a lower voice. "We're still finding the time to tell everyone so–"

"My lips are sealed." I said and Isa smiled gratefully at me.

"How about you guys? Any plans?"

I gave her a sad smile as we linked our arms together and turned to our respective husbands who were both animatedly talking to one another. The six years they've spent together in Ferrari has strengthened the brotherly bond between the two that proved stronger than any driver pairing they've ever had. "I believe life is on hold for us right now." Charles doesn't even remember me, what more the previous plans we've already made?