Chapter 66

I'm really on a roll lately LOL

Thoughts on the Austrian GP? The FIA really threw those penalties 😂

Enjoy!

*****

March 24, 2028 - Monaco

I stopped planning every little detail of my life when I left Turkey to study in Boston. Before I left, I had a list of the places I could go to, what I can do, the requirements I needed to tick off for school, and the things I needed to buy. There was too much control and I lost all of it when things didn't go as planned. My flight to Boston got delayed so that screwed up the schedule I already created. The requirements I needed to submit were held off because of a single piece of paperwork some of the things I needed to buy were out of stock.

Despite the need to have a hold on every single thing in my life, that will never happen because I have no idea what could occur. There's no way of knowing what will happen today, tomorrow, or the days after that.

This is why regardless of the fact that I went to sleep without the fear of having a nightmare, that doesn't mean I won't have one.

This one was different and probably the worst one yet.

I was in my office here in Monaco, sitting in front of my desk where my laptop was placed in the middle of folders and case notes. The view from outside the window told me it was already dark and a glance at the clock made me realize that I was probably the only one left in the office. Nevertheless, I continued working, eyes moving from my laptop to the notes in front of me. It was a few minutes later when the light suddenly went out, and I was only left with the light coming from my laptop. Five seconds later, that went out too.

I wasn't afraid of the dark which is why it didn't bother me as I stood up and checked every switch in the room, but none of them were working. A glance outside of my room told me that this was happening on the entire floor. Knowing that I wouldn't be able to get any more work done, I began fixing my things.

And that's when I heard it.

I heard a scream first.

And then a cry.

And then it was everything all at once.

My first instinct was to see if anyone was injured but as my hand gripped the doorknob, my feet stopped.

Because those screams were mine. Those cries were mine. It felt like the walls were closing in on me as they got louder and louder, piercing through my skull until they became unbearable. These were the screams I let out upon seeing my parents in the living room, bullet holes lining the walls and blood staining the floor. These were the cries that escaped me as I felt helpless, pushed against the wall of an alley with no power to escape.

The sheer agony that came with it was so intense, I stumbled back into the wall behind me as I placed my hands over my ears. I closed my eyes and bent down to my knees, whispering to myself that this was just a panic attack and nothing less.

It would've worked if it weren't for the next cry of horror that arrived.

This wasn't mine, but I remember that moment clear as day. I remember I was standing in the Mercedes garage as I watched Charles drive his last lap. I remember seeing him in the last corner, ready to claim his victory. I remember how time stopped as everyone tried to comprehend what was happening.

All I could see was a mixture of concrete, debris, and smoke. All I could hear were the worried cries and sharp intakes of breath from the people around me.