Chapter 40

Hi guys!

I know I left you hanging with the last chapter so here ya go 😉

Btw Lock Up hit a million reads a few days ago like WHAT???? I literally cried when I saw it and even bought a cake for myself to celebrate HAHAHAHA Anyway, I just want to thank you all. I know that a lot of you came here after reading Lock Up and I'm grateful for the never ending support. Thank you for also keeping me entertained because you're comments are very amusing to read 😂

I promise I'm going to push through with the Discord/Telegram group I asked you guys about. I'm just a bit swamped with school right now hehe

Also, I'm in the middle of planning for my first F1 original story so let's see how it goes

Enjoy!

*****

July 13, 2025 - Monaco

I had one more race left to attend in the contract. The agreement was for me to be present in six and the French Grand Prix was my fifth. At the beginning of this, I expected myself to be done with it by now, going back to my normal life as if I never knew who Charles Leclerc was. I never knew I'd end up dreading my last race of the season.

He's tried contacting me, even knocking on my door a few times. Despite me telling him to leave my things with Sir Henri, he ignored my request and went straight to my apartment, my suitcase beside him. When I saw him through the peephole, I almost held the doorknob on instinct but pulled back when I remember what happened in France. Instead, I stood by the door as he waited on the other side. We spent the next half hour like that until he gave up and left.

When I was sure that he wasn't in my floor anymore, I opened the door and was surprised to see that he didn't just leave my suitcase. Right beside it on the floor was a cup of coffee and another sticky note.

N,

Can we please talk?

C

I picked it all up, throwing away the cup of coffee since I already made one for myself. I was about to do the same for the note when I hovered over the trash bin before shoving it inside one of the kitchen cabinets.

Every day since, a cup of coffee would be delivered at my doorstep at exactly eight in the morning. I expected them to stop when he went away for race weekends, but they didn't.

A few pictures of him and Rose from the French Grand Prix were published and he immediately shot down the rumors of him cheating, saying that they decided to remain as friends. It didn't help either that I was nowhere to be seen in the paddock during the last race.

Since I left abruptly, I never got to talk to Max after the race. As soon as he got back in Monaco, he invited me out for lunch and I agreed, knowing I needed someone to vent to. He was very patient and even laughed when I told him about the agreement. He knew I didn't need anyone for advice and I only wanted someone to listen to me. All he did was ask if I was okay and I replied I was fine.

Fine wasn't okay, but that was all I could be right now.

I drowned myself in my work, being reminded of how I sent myself into this spiral when my family died. I knew Sara and Remi noticed how late I'd stay at the office sometimes even though there wasn't much work to do. Honestly, it was because I couldn't stay alone in my apartment. I'm reminded of all the nights Charles stayed over and the hours we'd spend in the kitchen talking about nonsense over the piece of pastry I bought that day.