Chapter 78

This is a short chapter and focuses more on Nadia's friendship with the others. The next one will solely be about her and Charles :)

Enjoy!

*****

August 12, 2028 - France

"I have an announcement to make." Max said as soon as he sat down at the dining table, hand clasped with Gabby's.

It was our first day in Marseille and we were all enjoying the lunch that Daniel and Mick had prepared for us. Charles and I were still a bit drained from the past few days we spent going around Antalya, but it was the good kind of tired. He enjoyed seeing the place I grew up in especially the coffee shop where I had my first cup of coffee. When we visited Mrs. Yilmaz, she and Charles spent most of their time in the kitchen as she taught him some of her favorite recipes while I watched in amusement as Charles botched it.

We were in a different apartment this time– one that wouldn't require anyone to sleep in the living room. The place had two floors and housed four rooms, all of which had a small balcony from each side of the house. Since Charles and I arrived later than them, the smallest room was left to us although I want to question their definition of small because the room could've fit another bed.

It didn't bother me that our space was smaller than theirs because after doing a tour of the house, I realized our room had the best view. We had an beautiful view of the city, apartment buildings painted in various colors and some shop signs that could be read from our side. Unlike before, I didn't make any plans of my own for this year since I wanted to spend it with them.

Ever since the day of the speech, a lot of people have messaged me and this list included some of the drivers. Pierre and Kika called while Seb messaged me asking how I was. He invited us to have Christmas with them once again and Mick confirmed his attendance. Lando and Alex dropped by our apartment before we left for Turkey and I came across Lewis when he picked up Adaline from the office.  

"Are you pregnant?" Heidi asked Gabby, eyes wide with anticipation.

"Hell, no. It's way too early for that." She replied, glaring at Max as he laughed. "We're not getting married either. His announcement has nothing to do with me."

"Thank you, because I can only handle one bridezilla at a time." Daniel said, showing Heidi a cheeky grin as she pouted at him. Daniel has shared his thoughts on how Heidi may be carefree with everything but that doesn't cover wedding planning. It's like she transforms to another spectrum of herself.

"What's the announcement, then?" Charles asked, taking a seat beside me and placing an arm over the back of my chair.

Max took a breath before saying, "I'm renewing my contract with Red Bull."

Everyone was silent for ten seconds as Max waited for our reaction. My eyes moved to Gabby's and I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing at how hilarious she looked. She was leaning her elbow on the table, fist placed over her mouth to keep herself from losing it.

The first reaction was one that Max obviously did not expect.

"What are we having for dinner?" Mick asked, turning his attention towards us as Max's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I made a reservation for us at this restaurant Daniel and I visited last year. They have the best bœf bourguignon I've ever tasted." Heidi answered while Daniel nodded his head in agreement.

"Their soufflé is good, too."

"Wait, what?" Max interrupted and Gabby couldn't hold it in anymore as her laughter spilled from her laughs. "Can someone explain to me what's happening?"