Chapter 33

Hello! I have another week of Christmas break left before my new term starts so hopefully I'll be able to write as much as I can. Please watch out for some typos :) 

Enjoy!

*****

May 22, 2025 - Monaco

Something's changed.

The first night Charles slept over was probably the most peaceful night I've had in a while. I managed to get nine hours of sleep, waking up with a note from him.

N,

Be back tonight at 11
There's iced coffee in the fridge

C x

I bit my lip to keep myself from smiling, chucking the note into one of the vacant drawers in the kitchen. I opened the fridge to see the said iced coffee, grabbing it along with two eggs to cook for breakfast. The last thing I remember was snuggling up to him before I fully closed my eyes, his fingers running through my hair. It's been a while since I had a night that wasn't disturbed by a nightmare or spent trying to distract myself by working. My body feels more refreshed and the small headache I've been carrying due to sleep deprivation has lessened.

I needed to work a bit today since I only had two days off and I already used one yesterday. Since it was only media day at the paddock, Charles and I agreed that my presence wasn't needed until tomorrow. Nevertheless, I knew Gabby wanted to take advantage of the day where the drivers would all be in one place, so I was meeting her at the paddock after work. She'd probably already be there since Charles gave her a pass last night.

Half of the day had already passed by when I began working from home, so I planned on using the next four hours productively. I finished the coffee Charles bought and managed to make another one during my break. I don't know how I would've survived working at my old firm given the circumstances I'm in. I would most likely be even more sleep deprived— barely surviving. The hours there required more of me and I reckon my days would've either been spent at home or in the office.

It was around three thirty in the afternoon when I received an email from Adeline. I previously messaged her to send some documents that needed to be signed for a case set in the Netherlands. My eyebrows raised up in surprise at her reply and I couldn't help but smirk in amusement.

Good afternoon, Nadia.

Attached are the signed copy of the documents. Good job.

Sincerely,
Adeline

P.S. That's enough work for today. We both know you've been contributing more than you need to so take the rest of the day off as well. Have fun this weekend.

I leaned back on my seat and stretched my arms, deciding that the early mornings I've spent working were sufficient for now. I need a break and visiting the paddock earlier than planned seemed like a good idea.

I got dressed and changed into a white tank top and straight cut jeans, placing a black belt around my waist. I matched it with some heels because from what I've heard, the Monaco paddock is one that's filled with well dressed people and I needed to play the part of the perfect girlfriend. Grabbing a bag and my keys, I was out of the door in a few minutes, placing a clip on my hair to keep a few strands away from my face.