Chapter 36

It's 2 am on my end so I apologize in advance for typos or parts that don't make sense lol

Enjoy!

*****

May 24, 2025 - Monaco

I think it was everyone's goal to get Charles drunk tonight.

He's been on a high ever since the race finished and honestly, I can't blame him. I can't even wipe the smile on my face.

We were already at Jimmy'z, the time on my phone telling me it was well past midnight. I've danced with Gabby and Mick, letting Charles enjoy the spotlight as other drivers shoved shots at him to down. The main culprits were Max and Daniel, taking turns– Max would give a shot to the two of them then Daniel would do it on the next round. It's a losing game for Charles since he's taking a shot with every round but I don't think he's bothered by it.

Gabby brought her film camera as well which I'm sure we'll be seeing the contents of by the end of the week. The club was buzzing with energy, everyone in attendance showing their congratulations for their resident Monegasque. Even Lewis and Seb were here which from what I hear was a very rare occurrence.

When I grew tired of dancing, I took the vacant seat beside Lewis, running a hand through my hair. "Tired already?" He asked, laughing at me when I grabbed one of the unopened water bottles on the table.

"Definitely. I'm not a party person." I replied and Seb chuckled. "I'm Nadia." I introduced myself and shook his head, a small smile on his face.

"I've heard a lot about you."

"Good things I hope?"

"From others, yes." Seb grinned and I saw him share a look with Lewis. "From Charles, you infuriate him."

"That sounds correct." I smirked and they both shook their heads at me. "So, were you guys like this as well?"

"I was." Lewis nodded his head. "You should try out the parties in Brazil." He spent the next few minutes talking about the after parties he'd always go to after the grand prix there and how wild things could get. "Seb was worse than me."

I raised an eyebrow in surprise, not expecting it since he always seemed so calm and reserved. Seb only shrugged his shoulders and took a sip of his drink, not offering any information about what Lewis was pertaining to.

"Nads!" I turned my head to see Max walking towards us, drunken smile flashing under the lights. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up before returning to the middle of the club where they were. "We're doing shots!"

"Please tell me my boyfriend hasn't drunk his body weight in alcohol." I said, sighing in relief when I saw Charles holding a bottle of water. His eyes were more hazy than usual, cheeks housing a flush in them as he talked to Daniel and Mick. Behind them, Gabby was talking to Pierre and his girlfriend, nursing a drink of her own.

"That was the plan but it's disappointing how strong his control is." Max pouted and I lightly slapped his shoulder.

"You're willingly doing shots?" Charles asked, surprised, when I stopped beside him. His arm snaked around my waist, hand settling on my hip as I placed mine around his waist as well.

"They're just shots." I said, letting go of my worries for the night. I watched as Max lined up the glasses while Daniel poured the liquor. A few seconds later, Charles moved closer and I felt the warmth of his body against mine, making me turn my head towards his direction.

I was caught off guard by the smile gracing his lips. It looked so genuine and carefree, different from the one I've seen him wear before. My eyes momentarily glanced down at his lips and this action didn't go unnoticed by him. I was expecting him to tease me, maybe even smirk at how flushed I must look right now, but he did the opposite.