Chapter 11

Figured we'd all need this today.

First, congratulations to Max! It was a well deserved win from how he performed this season and it was just a matter of time before he got the title. I only wish that the circumstances would've been better so that he had greater moment of knowing he won the championship than how he did today.

Second, it was worrying to see Carlos during the beginning of the race with those kind of conditions. Things would've been worse but thankfully, they're not. I'm glad that he and the other drivers are safe.

Third, Charles fought well and I'm not just talking about the Japanese grand prix. His full potential really came out this season and he proved he has what it takes to become a world champion. Hopefully, we'll get the chance to hear those words after his name next year (Ferrari, I pray to God, don't fucking mess up again.)

Lastly, today was an absolute shit show. I don't want to dive into the delayed start even more because this wasn't the first time it happened this season. That recovery car should've WAITED before going out on the track. Of all the places this could've happened, it had to be Suzuka. It was disrespectful to Jules' family and to all the drivers (not just Pierre) who put their lives at risk every time they go onto the track. The FIA seriously need to learn to be accountable. Instead, they chose to blame Pierre who could've died out there if the recovery car/he wasn't in the right place. We do not need another accident like Jules' and the FIA need to get their shit together. To think that they've already discussed the issue back in Singapore but it still happened here.

Also, it's nice for them to decide a 5-second penalty for Charles minutes after the race when it took them longer back in Singapore. Huh.

This is part 1 of a double update :) Enjoy!

*****

January 24, 2028 - Monaco

I don't know how I managed to avoid seeing Rose for so long. When almost two weeks had passed and she never became a topic of discussion between Charles and I apart from brief mentions of her whenever I shared another story, I figured it was all behind us.

Color me surprised when I was walking through our apartment lobby and she was speaking to the owner of the apartment who always sat behind the counter, Sir Henri. He was about sixty years old, having managed the apartment for the past fifteen years. Sir Henri was also the owner so he makes sure that everything was spotless and all of the tenants were happy with their spaces.

"Ah, Mrs. Leclerc!" He cheered when I walked through the doors and beckoned me over.

"Sir Henri, everything okay?" I asked as I walked to where he was, not knowing the person talking to him at first since they had their back towards me.

"How many times have I told you to just call me Henri, mademoiselle?" He frowned and I shook my head at him when I reached the counter.

"I'll call you Henri when you start calling me Nadia." I replied and he playfully rolled his eyes at me before moving his eyes to my left.

"You arrived just in time. Ms. Marchetti has a delivery for you." I raised an eyebrow before glancing to my left where Rose was standing and holding a box of what looked like cake.

She smiled at me and I returned one which was reserved for people who I wasn't really close to. It was respectful but didn't hold the same kind of joy I'd usually wear around the people I loved.