prologue

During her first day at the Potters, Phoenyx had decided that she needed a break. Even if it was for just a few seconds, she required some time to herself.

The Potters were absolutely perfect but to the girl, the only thing etched in her mind was her horrible past. Seeing them be so nice to her, she couldn't help but think that one day, they were going to try to get rid of her too.

Walking through the forest, there was one thing Phoenyx had realised. High up in the sky, overlooking all the trees and the mountains was the full moon.

Phoenyx was in her own world, not caring about the things around her or what fate had in store for her in her new home.

That was until, she heard a crack.

With some hesitance, Phoenyx looked to her right and there, whimpering in pain, was a little grey wolf.

The girl did not know the dangers of such creatures so, as to her hearts desire, she walked towards the wolf without a single ounce of worry present in her mind.

"Wolf, you okay?"

The wolf, seemingly a young pup himself, looked towards the girl and whimpered some more.

"Don't cry," she said with a frown.

The little girl walked up to the wolf and held her hand towards his head. As if on instinct, the wolf leaned towards her and paused.

Sensing his fear, Phoenyx said with a smile,

"I'm not gonna hurt you wolf."

Without wasting any more time, she started to stroke his fur and surprisingly, the wolf was starting to feel a lot better.

Throughout the whole night, they stayed together. The Nyx and the wolf, side by side.

What a miracle, am i right?

For the boy, the transformation was very painful. Since it was his first time, everything seemed to hurt a lot more.

And when he opened his eyes after he was done, he could only see a girl leaning towards him, eyes full of unshed tears waiting to fall away.

His screams of pain engraved in her mind forever.

"Are you okay?", she had asked.

"I'm okay," he replied with a smile.

Oh how horrible fate can be. Turning a small innocent boy, a child who still hadn't experienced the beauty of childhood, into a beast that brings him excruciating pain, eating his innocence day by day.

"I'm Phoenyx," the girl said, hand on his arm, hoping he wouldn't fade away.

"I'm Remus, Remus Lupin."

And at that moment, the only thing he could sense, the only thing he could smell, was her strawberry scent.

The strawberry scent that would heal him even when the strongest of potions would fail and one day, completely own his beating heart.