TWENTY-SIX

- CHAPTER 26 -

❝We've got to work on our telepathy Rem

We've got to work on our telepathy Rem.

Hogwarts, sixth year.

IT WAS FINALLY TIME for Christmas break and Hogwarts was buzzing with excitement from all of the different students. For the Potters, everything felt ten times better due to their two newest additions.

"Reg, you've got to escape while you can. Mum's a nightmare on Christmas!" James said dramatically.

Regulus looked at him fondly and rolled his eyes. A few days ago, the two had talked about their feelings and surprisingly, made up quite easily.

As for Remus, he was dreading it. Unfortunately for the boy, the full moon was only three days after Christmas. Which meant that throughout the whole holiday, he would be in a rather foul mood.

"Remus, you'll be alright! You have to come, please?" Phoenyx said with pleading eyes.

The girl was trying to convince Remus to come to The Potter Manor for Christmas. This year, her parents had decided to hold a small celebration for all of their friends and family.

"Nyx, i don't want to ruin your Christmas," replied Remus with a frown.

Phoenyx looked at him and raised her eyebrow. He knew that no matter what he did, she'd still be very happy and love him to the best of her abilities.

"Okay fine, i'll think about it."

At his words, Phoenyx pressed a soft kiss to the boy's cheek. Something she did quite often.

"Hm, come here," he said while pulling the girl back towards his chest.

Ever since they had shared the night together during Halloween, Phoenyx was surprised to find out that Remus had rather loved physical touch.

He couldn't go a second without holding her in his arms or kissing her wherever he felt like it.

As for Remus, he would always think that at any given moment, Phoenyx would just disappear and everything would turn out to be his imagination.

Ever since he was bitten, all his parents would do was feel sorry and pity for the young boy. Having to be loved so dearly by someone like Phoenyx, it was quite a dream for Remus.

"Remus.." the girl whispered.

The boy had his hand on the girl's leg, rubbing circles on her skin with his fingers every so often.

Knowing that the spot between the girl's neck was her weakest point, Remus started planting soft kisses on it until she would move him away.

"You've got to stop doing that in public Rem," said Phoenyx shyly.

Instead of replying, Remus just looked at her and gave her a lazy smile. He had started being very confident, thanks to the girl's affirmations that he receives every so often.

Growing up with lycanthropy had been really hard for the boy. Even when he was just 6 years old, he'd always spend his days in self hatred and misery.

Sometimes, he'd even think that life would be better if he ceased to exist.

But now, knowing that he has people like Phoenyx and the Marauders by his side, Remus knows that they're worth living for.

They are the reason why he spends every day surrounded by happiness, love and care. They make him want to take each breath with a grateful heart and to live on for the many more years to come.

"Hey, have you guys seen Sirius?" asked Gideon with a worried look etched across his face.

"He's in the dorms."

"He's in the bathroom."

The couple looked at each other while they stifled a laugh. The boy looked at the time and realised that Sirius was probably done with his preparations. So, instead of lying some more, he said the truth. Well, kind of.

"Er, he's actually in the bathroom, in our dorms," said Remus with a nervous smile.

"Right, thanks. I suppose i'll go check," he said while patting the boy's back.

Once Gideon was out of sight, the pair left out the laughs that they had been bottling up after their little slip up.

"We've got to work on our telepathy Rem."

Just a few hours ago, Sirius had told them that if Gideon ever asked about him, they had to lie about his whereabouts. The older Black was indeed, preparing a surprise for his favourite redhead.

"Sirius?" came the wary voice of Gideon Prewett.

"Merry Christmas Giddy."

When the boy walked in, he could see Sirius holding a huge present for him with a bright smile etched across his face.

"What's that?" he asked while pressing a soft kiss against the boy's lips.

"You've got to open it to find out now, don't you?"

Gideon raised his eyebrow at the boy and begin opening his present. At one point, he paused and stared at Sirius with wide eyes.

"Sirius, you didn't.."

Inside, packed away, was a huge record player. Something Gideon had dreamed of having ever since he had found out about its existence.

However, acquiring one was rather hard since it was so expensive.

"Merlin, how am i supposed to compete with this?" he said with tears pooling up in his eyes.

"You don't have to. This must be cheesy but i mean it when i say having you is enough," the boy replied cheekily.

Gideon pulled Sirius to his lap and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy's body.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" he said while kissing the boy again and again.

"Promise me that we'll keep using it until we're all old and gross?"

"I promise."