TWENTY-EIGHT

- CHAPTER 28 -

❝Lily, she's gone

Lily, she's gone.

Hogwarts, sixth year.

THE POTTERS had done everything to search for Regulus. They had even contacted Dumbledore and to their dismay, he was still missing.

Walking into Hogwarts without him had made James feel very alone. Like he was missing a big piece of his puzzle, it was devastating.

In the letter that the younger boy had left him, he said that looking for him wont work out at all. It was as if he knew that all everyone would do is search for him and his whereabouts.

"James, i'm sure he's alright. He's a smart guy, he won't do anything stupid," Remus said while rubbing the boy's arm in comfort.

Ever since the boy disappeared, James had gotten relatively quiet. It was very worrying for the people around him as no matter how dangerous a situation would be, James would always try his best to think positively.

"Welcome to you all! Even though it was on a short notice, i'm glad to see all your familiar faces here. When i call your name, please say present so I know who's missing. Alright, Marlene Mckinnon?"

"Oh, um here."

"Phoenyx Potter?"

"Here."

"Alice Fortescue?"

"Here Professor."

"Lily Evans?"

"Erm, she's not here professor," Marlene said worriedly.

"Okay, i'm sure she'll be here soon then."

Marlene looked at the man and bit her lip nervously. The Professor noted it and raised his eyebrow at the fidgeting girl.

"Is there anything I must know of Miss Mckinnon?"

To everyone's surprise, after a few minutes, the girl had burst out into tears. Even Marlene's best friends were confused at her sudden show of emotions.

"L-Lily, she's been missing Professor. S-She sent me a letter and told us not to look for her," she said while sobs took over her whole body.

At her words, the Marauders heads snapped towards the girl and they looked at her with wide eyes.

"What did you say?" James Potter spoke, for the first time since the disappearance of his boyfriend.

"Lily, she's gone."

Phoenyx let out a quiet breath and took a few steps back. Regulus and Lily, missing at the same time, was it really a coincidence?

"Okay, I urge you all not to worry. I'm sure everything will be fine, let us handle it on our own."

After a few minutes of trying to calm down the terrified students, Professor Mcgonagall came forward and clapped her hands to gain their attention.

"My dearest of students, do not worry. At times like these, you have got to stay calm. I'm sure Regulus and Lily would be okay, please trust us this one time."

The kids looked at her with scared eyes and at that moment, Minerva was sure she was going to break down. Seeing her once joyful students look so broken had made the lady quite emotional.

Without wasting another second, the Professor informed them about the real reason why they were all gathered together.

The Order of Phoenix.

Even though most of the students were still shaken up about the two students disappearances, they listened intently.

"And, as you all are my most trusted students, I request you all to think about my offer as much as you can."

The Gryffindors were all thinking the same thing. Whatever it was, if it were to help protect their families and loved ones, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Even if it meant that they were risking their own lives, they'd do it. They were Gryffindors after all.

"I'll join Professor," said Sirius Black with confidence.

After him, many more students started raising their voice with determination. They were tired of the constant dangers that they had to face.

"Pete, what about you?" asked Remus with confusion.

"Oh, y-yeah. I suppose I'll join."